Monday, September 8, 2014

1st Grade

It's hard to believe that Ryker is old enough for this to be happening! Gone all day! Sheesh!
 
He was so excited for the first day though. I couldn't help but feel happy for him. I didn't bawl like I did when he went off to Kindergarten, but I did feel a little prick in my heart thinking about how old he is getting. I think I didn't loose my emotions because Jesse was in the truck with me when we dropped Ryker off. 
WPA starts much earlier than regular Elementary Schools. Instead of starting at 8:55am, WPS starts at 8:00am. And since the school is much further from our house than Bountiful Elementary is we have to leave our house by 7:40am to get him there in time. I was concerned about this. But so far it's working out pretty great (I might change my mind once the winter season is in full swing).

To help Ryker get up in the morning when I'm at the gym, I bought him an alarm clock. He thinks it's pretty cool since it's in the shape of a large LEGO piece. But it makes him seem very grown up. Crazy that my 6 year old needs an alarm clock already.

Nice thing about him starting earlier, is he gets out at 2:30 instead of 3:30. So it feels like we get more of a day to work on homework and do stuff before bedtime.

No comments: