Sunday, December 1, 2013

I am Thankful

My heart is full today! Church today was so uplifting for me and it was something that I have been needing. In Relief Society we had a wonderful lesson about our Saviour that touched my heart. Then in Gospel Doctrine we had a profound lesson about the Armour of God.
 
This last week was Thanksgiving and I have been reflecting on the things that I am thankful for. When I try to list everything I am thankful for, there are so many I have a hard time beginning. Over dinner everyone went around and said something that they were thankful for. My first thoughts were family. Truthfully I have been blessed with sisters and a brother who I am very close to and share a great relationship with. I have been blessed with parents who care and love me. I also am blessed to have Jesse's family as well.
 
Countless times they have all stepped up to help Jesse and me, when we are in a pinch (especially this last year). I am the type of person that would prefer to do everything on my own. I don't want to impose on other people and turn my troubles or problems into theirs. I know I'm strong and can do anything that comes my way, but there are times when I have too much on my plate and I am spread so thin that I MUST rely on my family. And thank goodness I have them! This last year has taught me that it's OK to get help. I don't have to do everything all on my own.
 I know over and over again I have posted about Jesse's sacrifice and hard work this past year. But I am beyond THANKFUL for him and it wouldn't be right if I didn't express my gratitude for the amazing man I married. This past year hasn't been the easiest for us. It's difficult living separate lives that are still intertwined with each other. But the one thing that has kept us going and looking forward is knowing that there is a Season and a Time for everything. Also a dear sweet sister in the Relief Society Presidency also reminded me that the scriptures don't say "It came to stay"... they say "And it came to PASS". Having this knowledge is reassuring that what we experience in this life is to mold our very beings. There is no need to be grumpy about our challenges.

I was reading a conference talk this morning by Elder Jeffery R. Holland from this last October Conference and I came across a sentence that struck me. He said "Patiently waiting for some things is part of our mortal education." That couldn't be more true and more fitting for what this past year has brought for our family.
 Typically we all gather at my Grandma's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. But this year she came down with the flu the day before, so my parents ended up hosting it. And I do have to admit, one thing that I am Thankful for is a Home cooked Meal. I think that might be why Thanksgiving is a favorite Holiday of mine. Who doesn't love to sit down and eat until your hearts content? Mmmm and everything was so delicious. Luckily Grandma was feeling better by dinner time, so she was able to join us. First time in a long time that she hasn't had to stress over Thanksgiving Dinner. It's gotta be a nice break for her.
 After our delicious meal, my little family met up with the Smith Family at the Gateway Theater in SLC to see the movie "FROZEN" together.

We arrived a bit early so we walked around the Mall for a little bit. This was our attempt at a family photo trying to hold my phone to fit us all in. As always Cy has a silly face and Ryker is smiling away.
 See usually it's Cy making the funny face while Ryker smiles at the camera. And I was so focused on Cy waiting for him to smile that I didn't even notice that Ryker was making this gangster pose. When I finally took the picture and looked at it, I burst out laughing. This doesn't happen (like I said in the above picture) so I found it very comical.

Spending my days with these boys can be pretty exhausting and frustrating at times. But nothing is more rewarding than being their mom, and seeing them truly enjoy life!

No comments: