Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

I decided to take Halloween Day off this year. Every year we are super rushed to get ready at night, so I wanted to make sure we had more of a fun day together. And bonus: Jesse was home....YAY!!!
 
After I picked Ryker up from Kindergarten we went home to paint our pumpkins we got from Packs Pumpkin Patch the week before.
 
Everyday since we bought the pumpkins, Ryker has been begging me to paint them. So when it finally came to it, he was thrilled.

 And what 2 year old wouldn't love the opportunity to paint a pumpkin (and himself)?
 Ryker thought Jesse's pumpkin was really cool and scary. ;-)
 Here's the finished products. Take note of the "eyebrows" on the boy's pumpkins.  Ryker thought to make them out of toothpicks and a fruit rope cut in half. Very clever boy! Ryker also suggested I painted my pumpkin with fire since my costume was fire.
 We had plans to go to Mike and Heidi's Trunk or Treat at their ward house. It's kind of a tradition now. Before we went, I went to the house to help Emily with her hair. She was being a flame princess, so she wanted her hair to look like fire. I think it turned out really cool.
 They were characters from Adventure Time. It's not a show I'm familiar with but they looked cute anyways.

The boys dressed up as Fire Fighters this year. It seemed fitting considering this last year's events. Besides they want to be just like their daddy, so they were more than happy to dress up like him.
 I always like to do a theme for the family. So I made Jesse a Dalmatian costume and me a fire costume. Considering I put them together last minute, I think they turned out really cute. My original plan was to have Jesse wear his fire turnouts as well. But a week before he made it known to me that he would be embarrassed to wear them considering he is ACTUALLY a firefighter already. So he agreed to be the dog. Which actually turned out cuter than having three firefighters.

(A big thanks to my brother Tyson for drawing the flames for me on the felt for me to cut out. They look perfect. And Heidi helped cut and glue the dots for Jesse's sweatpants. Thank you to both of them).
 The trunk or treat is set up in the gym, so the kids got a ton a candy in less than 10 minutes. They didn't even finish the loop because their bags were over flowing.
 They certainly make good fireman huh? I'd be curious when they grow up if they'll want to follow in Jesse's footsteps.
Very low key this year, but that is OK. The boys had a good time and that is all that matters. Happy Halloween!

No comments: