Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Cruise

For Christmas this year my parents wanted to give the family a Cruise to the Caribbean. Heck Yes! They told us six weeks before we left, so it was nice not having to wait super long to go. Luckily it was just enough time to order Passports for the boys. Talk about a pretty penny, sheesh, they practically rob you. They could make them any price and you have to pay it. My goodness. When they came in the mail the boys were so excited.
 Right after Thanksgiving I put Christmas up because I knew that if I didn't do it then I wouldn't have time to put it up until after the Cruise. Ryker and Cy were so excited to help me put the ornaments on the tree. It was cute that most of the ornaments were concentrated at the bottom. Luckily they both are a bit taller so they at least got half way up the tree.

Dec 6 (Fri) night arrived after much preparation and we were all thrilled to not only head to a warm climate but Jesse was able to get trades for his shifts and was able to come. It will be the most time we would get to spend together as a family this entire year.
 
Only bummer thing was he didn't get the Final Paramedic test done before we left. He has finished all his class hours, clinicals and ride-a-longs. Just waiting on his instructor to recommend him to the state so he can schedule a time to get that done. His goal was to do it before we left, so he wouldn't have to worry about it while we were gone. But oh well I guess. It is what it is.
 
We had a Red Eye flight to New York. And this is a time when I wish I was a little kid again and roll up in a ball on my seat and just sleep in whatever position. I think the adults slept maybe 30 minutes. I guess I can't complain too much since we were going to Paradise.
 
I giggle every time I look at this picture. Jesse buckled Cy in once he fell asleep. Safety First.

 Chantel is a sweetheart to let Ryker sleep on her legs.


We then had to catch the next flight to Ft. Lauderale. When we went outside of the airport the whole group we so happy to feel the heat and to see the blue skies. We were tired needed a shower, but that Florida sunshine and blue skies was nothing short of amazing. And we had just started.
We rented 2 cars. One for our little family and another for Mom, Dad, Ty and Chan (Manda, Craig and Alexa couldn't come due to work schedules). We all went to a late lunch and then our car decided to go to the beach.

 It was a little chilly because the sun was starting to set when we arrived. So I stayed on the beach and watched the boys play in the ocean.
We were there for about an hour then headed back to the hotel and went to bed. Ready to wake up the next morning to get on the Cruise ship! YAY!!!

No comments: