Monday, June 11, 2012

My Latest Passion

I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I have a nice new(ish) kitchen but lately I have enjoyed cooking, baking and creating. About a year ago I started to notice a change in me. I started to have this desire to eat healthy. I guess eat more clean. And as time as progressed I have learned a ton about nutrition and exercise. Yes I have become one of THOSE women. I always try to make sure a meal has lots of color. It's not only good for you but it's pretty on the plate. haha

I find alot of my stuff that I make off of skinnytaste.com...if only I could be like this woman. She has THE YUMMIEST recipes that are healthy and easy to make. Some day!

So to be kind of a weirdo I started to take pictures of things that I have cooked (Jesse teases me for it).

Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake Yogurt Cupcakes. Thanks to skinnytaste.com

 Just a fun way to serve watermelon (Got this idea from my Mother in law, who in return got it from pinterest).
 Tuna Bites. Ryker surprising loved these.
 This picture doesn't do this Yummy Jalapeno Popper Baked Chicken any justice. It was so good that Jesse asked me to make it again. (skinnytaste.com)
 Garlic Tilapia. This is a big deal for me. I use to not eat fish (except tuna out of a can) and lately I'm starting to like it. I don't know if it's because my pallet has changed or if I like it because I know it's good for me? (Tilapia recipe on skinnytaste.com)
 This is something I created myself. Not really sure what to call it. But it's Baked chicken with spinach and mozzarella cheese stuffed inside with Marinara Sauce on top. Yum.
 Chicken Panini. My first time ever making a panini at home using my George Forman Grill. I was half way done eating it when I remembered to hurry and take a picture before I ate it all gone. I got this too from skinnytaste.com and the recipe called for mayo and chiptole sauce to be mixed together. Then I put some cooked chicken, spinach and provolone cheese. It was Divine.
 I have been practicing on how to make the perfect omelet. And Wa-Laa. isn't she a beauty? I like to put spinach, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli (if I have left over from the night before) and a little cheese. SO GOOD!
 This Artisan Bread Recipe I got from a girl in my ward. It was quite the task to master this. So once I got it down I had to take a picture of it. This bread is super yummy. The best part is there is only four ingredients. Flour, Water, salt and yeast. Can't get any more natural than that.
 Coconut Chicken atop a mixed green salad. This was the first recipe I tried from skinnytaste.
 A friend of mine has her own blog where she posts recipes and such (bodyofamother.blogspot.com). I got the idea from her to make cereal with fruit and nuts. More filling, more healthy and lasts longer than cold cereal does. So I tried it. I had some raspberries, strawberries, pears and walnuts. Put a little aguave on it and some milk. I couldn't believe how yummy.
So that's what I've been up to lately. Hope you enjoyed it and it'll motivate you to go and cook something healthy and yummy.

No comments: