Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adding a little color to the yard

Gardening doesn't come over night. I've had to learn ALOT in the past few years. Around Mother's Day I started to plant the red, white and purple petunias that Jesse and the boys had given me for Mother's day. As we got going (with the help of my friend Harmoni) we started transplanting, moving and tearing old unwanted plants out. Gave the whole front of the house a face lift.

 I can't help but have a little sense of pride every time I pull up to our house.
 I was really excited about this hanging basket. Not only because of the color, but because it was on sale at Rockin' E Country Store for 25% off. Which made it $11.99. For a hanging basket this size that is UNHEARD of. So I was stoked.

Our Cute Humble Home!

_____________________________________

Fire Fighter Update:

Jesse got a letter in the mail from Ogden Fire saying the following;

"All phases of the testing process for Ogden City Firefighter are complete. This is to inform you that you have been placed on the new eligibility list with the following ranking and scores. Listed below are your results with 100 being the maximum point value. Each portion of the proess counts 25% towards the total score."

His ranking on the List is 11.

I guess on June 13th the Civil Service Commission will meet and will certify the eligibility list. And the list will be certified for twelve months.

So with that, Jesse could wait for up to a year if he gets a job.

Next update will be about Salt Lake City.

2 comments:

Matt & Ali said...

Your yard looks awesome! I love where we are now but i do miss the 7th ward! Do you work with Harmoni? Is it Harmoni Hamby? Just wondering cause i thought she maybe worked there. I went to beauty school with her.

Mike Long said...

The yard looks beautiful. Good luck to Jesse on finding a fire fighter job. You deserve nothing but good things to happen.

I also think the chicken coop looks incredible. Now that we have a new house with lots of future projects, I know who to call.

Take care to all four of you!

Mike Long