Friday, June 1, 2012

A Must-Read Story! (about Ryker)

I actually have two stories about Ryker that I've got to share.

About a week or so ago Ryker started to whistle. Or at least tried to whistle. But he kept doing it. Everywhere he went he'd be whistling. It's been nice because then that way I know right where he is. As time went on he got better and better. Now he's to the point where he can whistle with a song. Pretty amazing if you ask me. But maybe that's not saying much since I can't really whistle myself.

Anyway, yesterday morning during breakfast Ryker is just a whistling and he turns to me and says "Mom, are you happy I can whistle?"

"Yes of course, I'm so proud of you."

Then he asks "Is your heart happy? Is it saying 'Way to go Ryker'?"

I thought that was so clever and genius. Where does he come up with it? Oh it just kills me.
_______________________________

Second Story...It was actually that same morning that we were having breakfast. Ryker said the breakfast prayer. And in his prayer he said "and thank you for that Grandma Heidi can drive here safely."

What a sweet boy! So I text Heidi what Ryker prayed for and she was tickled.

She later replied back and asked if Ryker could pray for Marlee (Mike and Heidi have had Tyson and Tayler's cat staying at their house for the past year). Heidi told me she couldn't find Marlee and that she hadn't seen her since the morning before. She somehow got outside and was lost. Heidi hadn't slept very well that night and was stressing over telling Tayler because she knew Tayler would be crushed.

Now Ryker LOVES Marlee. Unfortunately it's only a one way relationship because Marlee doesn't really care for Ryker. She hisses all the time at him. But Ryker still loves her and thinks she's the greatest.

So as soon as I read Heidi's text I tell Ryker that Marlee is lost. He instantly was SO concerned. I asked him if he'd like to say a prayer for her. And of course he dropped to his knees and uttered the most sincere prayer I have ever heard a child say. I started to get all choked up listening to him. It was so tender to listen to his words. He was practically begging for Marlee to be found. Words can't even describe the Proud-Mom-Moment that that gave me.

I of course passed along the good word to Heidi and she said she too got choked up just from reading my text.

After his prayer Ryker told me that he wanted Heavenly Father to come to our house. I then explained that He couldn't come in person, but His spirit could.

A little while later I was downstairs getting ready for work and the boys were in Ryker's room playing. I heard the back door open and then Cy starts to cry. So I run upstairs to see what is the matter. Ryker and Cy were by the back door and because Ryker had opened the door Cy wanted to go outside. So I told Ryker "Let's not open the door because I need you guys to stay inside while I'm getting ready."

Ryker's reply "But Mom, I just let Heavenly Father's Spirit in because I just sawed him."

Uhhhhmmm. What do you say to that? Ok.

So I continue to get ready and I hear the door open and close again. I check on the boys and Cy was playing in Ryker's room and Ryker was outside waiting for Heidi to get here.

When she arrived I guess Ryker told her "I let Heavenly Father's spirit out of our house so he could go to your house to find Marlee. Because he can. And he's smart."

My heart just melted when I heard that.

Heidi took the boys back to her house so she could look for Marlee some more.

It wasn't until last night that Heidi called to tell us that she found Marlee. She first told Jesse and then wanted to tell Ryker personally.

As Jesse and I sat back to listen to his reaction to the good news we couldn't help but smile and laugh a little. He was so happy to hear that Marlee was found. He'd say "You found her? That's GREAT! I'm so happy." He couldn't have put on a better performance if he had practiced for it. He was just ecstatic!

Ryker taught us a good lesson that day. The power of Prayer and a little faith is Astounding! Thanks little man for being a good example to us! We love you!

No comments: