Thursday, April 2, 2020

That was no April Fools Joke... Davis County Stay At Home Order

I was at the salon yesterday and half way through my day I found out that Davis County was given a "Stay at Home" order effective April 1 at 11:59pm and effective until May 1. And I didn't want to believe it at first because that morning there were posts on Facebook that Gov. Herbert announced that all students will be repeating their current grade next year. My client had showed me that and I was totally upset. While she was processing we were actually able to figure out that it was an April Fools joke that someone had made look really official. So official that Gov. Herbert had actually posted online and made sure everyone knew that he wasn't the one who actually made that claim. Boy was I relieved to learn that it wasn't real.

But then a few hours later we got the order to stay at home.  

Here's the news article...

DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — Davis County has become the third in the state to issue an official “Stay at Home Order” that will remain in effect until May 1.
Along with Salt Lake and Summit Counties, the order issued in Davis County says that all residents must stay home except for certain essential activities.

Davis County “Stay at Home” order

The Davis County Health Department says that due to the likelihood of widespread community transmission occurring between residents they have issued this health order geared toward slowing the spread of COVID-19.
The Davis County stay at home order prohibits all public and private gatherings of any number of people that aren’t of the same household and any unnecessary travel.
The directive deems essential activities as those “deemed necessary for the health, safety, and well-being of an individual, their family, household members, or pets … These activities may include obtaining medical supplies or medication, seeking emergency services, or visiting a healthcare or behavioral healthcare professional.”
The county has also closed all non-essential businesses and recreation areas including gyms, playgrounds, pools, spas, barbershops, zoos and movie theaters.
Trailheads, parks and sports fields will remain open, but the health department says “they shall only be used while maintaining six feet of space between people.”

Enforcement of the directive

“The purpose of this Order is to protect individuals’ health, not to hold them criminally liable,” the order says.
The Davis County Sheriff’s Office says that they will try and educate those found in violation of the directive, but they will issue citations if necessary.
Any citations would be classified as a class B misdemeanor for the first offense, and a class A misdemeanor for repeat offenses.

Since Hairstylist and Hair salons were deem "NON ESSENTIAL" that meant I was out of work for the next month (Hopefully it's only a month and it wont be longer). When I found out that would be the last day that I would be able to work for an entire month I started texting a few clients that I know would wanna get in before I would be out of the salon for a whole month. So instead of working until 5pm, I was able to get a few more people in and I was there until 9:30pm instead.

I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around what the next month was going to be like? How are we going to handle no income from my end for a whole month? How am I going to reschedule the 58 people that I still had left for the rest of April? It'll be the first time that I will be home every single day with my boys, and will I be ok with that? Are we going to like each other when we are done with that month? Will this only be a month? I don't see schools going back into commission when May 1 comes. So if that's the case are they going to allow salons to open back up?

So many uncertainties and worries.

I had 2 clients that I couldn't get in on that last night, so I actually did go into the salon today to work on them. They've been really close clients and I wanted to make sure they were taken care of. I was still very cautious and wiped down the whole chair in between each one. I was there just a half day. But it was good to get those 2 in to finalize my week.

Well, until next month!
My favorite meme tells exactly how I feel about all this and how my April clients are all feeling too. 
I think I am going to offer root coverage kits to my clients that need grey coverage for this month. I'm sure alot of this will be happening at home.

No comments: