Sunday, February 28, 2016

Family Saturday [2/27/16]

I decided at the beginning of the year that I would take off 1 Saturday a month and dedicate it to my family. No work. Just play. It was a little prick in my heart that t made me realize that my boys are growing up too fast and that I needed to MAKE time to make memories with them. I'm looking forward to these Saturdays.
 
This month I decided it would be fun to try out ice skating. It had been years for both Jesse and I. And the boys had never tried it. They were excited nervous about it. I think just because they didn't really know what to expect. I was really curious to see how it was going to play out.
 
After getting our skates. The boys walked out onto the ice and BAM fell within seconds. Cy was so funny because he stepped foot on the ice thinking it wasn't going to be any different. He fell. Got back up and fell again. I'm not sure how many times he fell but it was several. He laughed about it at first but then was realizing that he didn't like it so much.

 So thankfully they have these little walkers for the small kids. He was a champ with that thing.
 Ryker tried out the walker thing for a little bit too, but he picked it up really quick. He got better and better the longer we were there.

Jesse and I took turns holding the boys hands while we helped them along. At one point we all held hands and went around several times.

 Taking a break in the penalty box.
 Which is where Fynn was sleepin away. Gosh he's such an easy baby. I love that I never have a worry about him and how things are going to work out. Because he always is patient and goes with the flow.
 

We skated from 12:30-2:30 at which point it was closing. We handed our skates back in and we headed home for a minute.

We ran out to Alexa's apartment to give her Ryker's baptism invitation then headed to the grocery store.

After that we met our friend's Brent and Candice at Costa Vida for dinner. Then we went bowling.

 It was quite an epic bowling night. 8 people trying to bowl one game took 2 hours. Plus the lane we had was so glitchy. It made for quite the comical night.
 It's so great to have good friends that are in the same boat as you in life. So much to relate to and so much laughs.
By the time we got home the boys crashed in their beds before we even had time to say prayers with them. They were so worn out. You know you succeeded when that happens.
 
I love this family of mine SO SO SO much. They are what keep me going in life. Everything I do I do it because of them. God has blessed me so greatly with such a perfect family for me. I thank Him everyday for them and hope I can do Him proud with my responsibility at raising them in the gospel and to become good people.

No comments: