Monday, February 22, 2016

Birthday Boy {02/08/16}

Unbelievable. My oldest son is now 8 years old and getting baptized in a few weeks. I just can't believe it. It feel like yesterday that he was Fynn's age. But yet it feels like forever when he was that little. What a joy Ryker is and has been in our lives. He made Jesse and I think that we were the best parents because of how awesome he is. There are so many wonderful characteristics and attributes about him that are all so great. Heavenly Father was smart to send him to me first. Ryker is the most helpful, loving, friendly and kind kid I know. Everyone wants to be with Ryker or be his friend. And he instantly is their friend and genuinely has a love for them. That's a Christ-like attribute I can only pray can stay with him his entire life. Many adults have a hard time with this very thing and it comes to Ryker so naturally.
 
At the beginning of the month I met our photographer downtown to take some baptism pictures of Ryker by the Salt Lake Temple. It was a cold afternoon but we made it work. This picture is one of my favorite from the bunch. I'll post more when his baptism comes. 
 
We couldn't celebrate with Ryker's friends and our families until a week after his birthday. So the actually night of his birthday, Jesse and I took him out to his restaurant of choice. Mikado. The two younger boys were left home with Chantel. It was going to be some one-on-one time with our little man. 
 It was really quite pleasant only having one child at dinner. Especially the most behaved child (haha sorry Cy).

Jesse and I gave Ryker his first set of scriptures. And he was SO excited. I was quite touched by his gratitude for them. And for the many hugs he gave us.
 Ryker doesn't like sushi so it seems odd that he would pick such a place. But he loves the Bento Boxes that they serve there. Which works out great for us since we like it there so much anyway.
 Because it was his birthday he got to pick any dessert off of the menu. He picked Mochi Balls. They are ice cream balls covered in a gummy layer. Not my thing really, but Ryker thought it was the coolest thing. Matter of fact he really wanted to take one home to Cy to share. But since they were melting so fast it wasn't going to work very easily. He made me take a picture so we could show Cy how cool the dessert was. (I love so much that he was being thoughtful towards his younger brother. Such a tender hearted kid.)
We loved spending a little bit of time with Ryker. We are blessed to have him in our family. How did I ever get so Blessed with such a great kid?

No comments: