Monday, February 22, 2016

Family-Family-Family

Happy Valentines Day! And Happy Birthday Ryker! Haha. The Sunday when both mine and Jesse's family could come over to celebrate happened to land on Valentines Day.
 
Everyone showed up for dinner (per Ryker's request). Then we all hung out and watching Ryker open gifts. Oh and eat cake. For weeks Ryker gave me his requests for the cake he wanted. In years past it's been a shape of something. But this year it started out as Peach Pie. Then it turned into Peach Pie with Strawberries on top.???? Then it turned into Strawberry Pie. I can't say I've even heard or tried Strawberry pie, let alone bake one on my own.
 
So my suggested to him was to have Strawberry Shortcake. Ding-ding-ding! He LOVED that idea!



 I just realized as I was going through all the pictures I had of everyone there, Heidi isn't in any of them and I can't figure out why. I think she was helping me out in the kitchen and I just missed getting her, but she was there.
 That is one pile of LOVE right there for ya. He's so spoiled. But that's ok. He's 8 and he deserves it.
 About to blow out his candles on his Shortcake. Haha. It isn't very pretty, but it certainly tastes delicious.
 While we say Happy Birthday, Jesse got out his saxophone to play Happy Birthday! It's been years. But he still rocked a few squeaks. It was a cool moment though to have him playing and everyone singing along. Ryker got a kick out of seeing his dad playing the Sax.
 There we go, that's a much prettier dessert once it's all served up. And how an you not just smile at this handsome face of hi? Oh he's just so grown up and so handsome. Watch out! He's going to be a lady killer.
 He's my little bud. I love him SO much.

No comments: