Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Thomas /Day #4 (Mon; Feb 24)

We were ready to have a lazy day. So far we had been pretty active (which we love) but St. Thomas was a day meant for the beach. When we got off the ship we found a taxi to drive us to Meagan's Bay to relax. The driver was way cool because he actually took us to an overlook of Meagan's Bay first. It's so beautiful. That water was calling my name. 
There is something therapeutic about the white sand below my feet, the clear blue water in front of me and palm trees above my head. AHHH!

Then to have Jesse at my side relaxing together completes the whole package. 


Jesse went out snorkeling to see what he could find. From the shore he saw a turtle's head pop up on the surface. So he wanted to go out and check it out. But he didn't make it in time, the turtle was gone. But he did see some crabs and brought me one back to the beach to show me.
I went out with him for a bit. There wasn't too much in the bay. Nothing exciting. Tons of clear white fish. After awhile my bug bites all over my legs were stinging too much so I went to dry off.
 We spent the whole day just relaxing. I think at one point I fell asleep on my towel. Before it was time to go we got a picture of the palm trees.
 Nothing too exciting of a day, but very relaxing. Days like this are just as important as our adventurous days.

Dinner time came and we got to meet the couple we would be eating dinner with every night. Maureen and Doug Hess.

No comments: