Monday, March 31, 2014

Individual Updates...

I got to thinking that I should give a little update about each of us. Let's begin with the oldest.
 
Jesse:
 
About two months ago Jesse mentioned to me that he was feeling like he wanted to leave SSL Fire Department. I told him I would support him with whatever he decided to do. The next day or so he got wind that SSL was looking to fill a full time position, and Jesse was the next guy on the list.
 
Over the next week or so he was debating between staying with Ogden fulltime or leaving them and going fulltime with SSL. He made a list of pros and cons trying to weigh them out. But was still having a hard time coming to a conclusion.
 
Then South Jordon called him and asked him to interview. So he went, but still felt unsure where he was suppose to be. He kept saying to me "When you figure out my life let me know." Haha. I felt just as conflicted as he did. The only thing I could suggest was to pray about it. Over the course of a week or so we both were praying what we should do. At the same time it was crazy that he could not only have the option between two fire departments, but possibly three if the interview went well.
 
A few days after the interview South Jordon emailed him and said it wasn't going to be a good match. I'm pretty sure Jesse was relieved because it narrowed down the options for him to just 2.
 
He finally felt that staying with Ogden was the best thing right now. And I support that all the way. The day that SSL called him to offer him the full time position is when Jesse told them that he was leaving them. I know it was a really hard decision for him to make, but knowing it was the right one, made it a little easier.
 
Now his days off are actual days off. Not filled with another job. So he took on a project. Which he hasn't been able to do in awhile, so I was thrilled.  He built us some garden boxes. Where they are located is actually where a big tree used to be. We had it removed in the fall. Our little gardens next to that tree in the past never grew very well because there wasn't enough sunshine. But now it should grow just great because there is sunshine most of the day. I'm excited about it. And to boot, they are kinda cute. I feel like they will give our backyard a nice added touch.
 
I really am so lucky to have such a hard working, dedicated and handy husband. I swear he can do anything he puts his mind to. He has found favor with everyone he works with in Ogden. His captains all love him and the firemen he works with all like him. It's nice for him now to not be in the new guy status anymore and that he's found his place among everyone. Ya know, he such a positive and hard working person it's not hard to like him and it doesn't surprise me he's liked so much in Ogden.
 
The middle of April, Jesse has an interview for the Paramedic position that is opening up. He'll be interviewing against two other firemen that want the position as well. So we are looking forward to that. I have a feeling he stands a very good chance because of how much the captains like him. But you never know. I'll keep you posted about that.
 


Ashley:

I have been staying busy with household chores, taking care of the boys, preparing Relief Society lessons, managing a full clientele at the salon, exercising (training will be starting soon), and cooking.

I have loved my calling as a Relief Society teacher. Which surprises me to say because in the past I recall saying "I couldn't ever teach relief society". And here I am and loving it. It gives me something to study and helps me keep a spiritual focus. The most rewarding thing is when the sisters tell me that my "lesson touched their hearts". As a teacher I pray all the time that I can be the Lord's tool to help the sisters feel his love for them. So it's an answer to my prayers when I find out it worked. Gets me excited for the next lesson.

I have been blessed to build up a clientele as a hairdresser so quickly and to be so full. As of lately I have been booked three weeks out. Its wonderful, but also hard when I get my last minute clients needing to get in. I want to accommodate everyone, but it can't always be that way. My schedule (Wed through Sat) only can hold so many clients.

Racing season is coming up and that gets me excited to start training and see what this summer has to bring. My biggest goal this summer is to complete an Olympic Length Tri. So I hope that'll work out for me. Just gotta find one and pick it.

Cooking is another passion of mine. I love finding healthy clean recipes. There is nothing more rewarding than cooking a delicious meal that it is guilt free. Such a great feeling when you try something new and it's wonderful! These were my two favorites from this last week. Salmon on the BBQ is to die for.


....and coconut waffles with berries. Yum. 

Ryker:

This kid will always be my kind, thoughtful and very smart boy. I am always amazed that at such a young age he could be so mindful of others feelings. He is so tender hearted.

He has been loving Kindergarten. His reading level continues to impress me every time I hear him read. He'll sound out some long words and I'll think to myself  "I'll need to help him with this one"...but then he gets it. He seems to grasp new concepts really quickly and loves learning. I think he is going to love 1st grade.

I also call him my social butterfly. He is very outgoing, not shy and everyone in his class likes him. There has been a girl in his class that he likes to talk a lot about. I'm pretty sure he likes her. I don't know why because she is kinda mean to all the boys in the class. He'll come home and tell me about they things that she said and did to him. I have to remind him to be nice to her since she is a girl.  It makes me chuckle that I'm already hearing about girl problems with my 6 year old. Just a little preview of the teenage years

Ryker loves all of his family members. Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, Parents and Especially his brother. Him and Cy can be the best of friends and play so well. I laughed when I found about 15 pictures on my phone one day of the two of them and all their silly faces they were posed for. They are goobers.
Cyrus:

He is my pendulum child. On one side of it he's so sweet and melting your heart, then on the other side he can be down right naughty. For example; One morning we were sitting around the breakfast table when Jesse came home from work. When Jesse sat down with us, Cyrus wouldn't stop kissing him. He'd kiss Jesse's left cheek, then turn Jesse's whole head to kiss the right cheek. Then kiss him on the lips. I loved seeing this display of affection for his dad. He surely missed his daddy.

Also lately he has been singing "I am a child of God" non stop. He'll even just talk the words to me. One time while eating dinner he was singing it. I started recording it. As he comes to the words "with parents kind and dear" he grabs Jesse's neck and sings those words while looking into Jesse's eyes. I about died with the extreme cuteness being displayed by a 3 year old. I have watched that video over and over again and my heart turns to mush every time that part plays.

Then swing the pendulum the other way for example; While Jesse was filling the garden boxes with dirt the boys were in the bed of the truck with the dirt. Jesse was shoveling the dirt into the boxes and the boys were using their hands to throw some in. Our truck is a 4 door, and Jesse had the back 2 doors open so he could listen to some music. Well when Jesse's back was turned Cyrus was chucking handfuls after handfuls of dirt into the cab of the truck. There is a thin layer of dirt all over the back of the truck at the moment. Thankfully a little vacuuming will fix it. But the things this kid comes up with is down right naughty. He's too creative and busy.

Potty training still isn't completed. He still manages to soil is underwear on a daily basis. It's super frustrating. And he seems to hold it until we put a pullup on him for naptime/bedtime. This last Thursday while Heidi was here watching the boys, she put Cy down for a nap. A few hours later when she heard him wake up, she went down stairs to find a disaster. Apparently he soiled his pullup right after he went to bed, then proceeded to change his own pullup. But a 3 year old trying to take a poopy pullup off and put a new one on, isn't the best thing. I guess it was everywhere. On the sheets, the floor, the dresser and blankets. Oh when Heidi told me about this I felt terrible that she had to clean all that up.

See what I mean about pendulum child?
Well that is us in a nutshell. 

No comments: