Wednesday, January 1, 2014

30 is Coming Fast...

28 years old. Huh. 10 years ago I would have told you that sounds old. But now that I'm here, I don't feel any older than I did 10 years ago. I've actually really enjoyed my 20's. Several of my greatest moments have happened during them. Two of them are my boys. They make me so happy and have given me the title "Mother". I strive every day to live up to that title. Even though it isn't easy at times, it's certainly worth it.
 
Another great moment is discovering the love for health and fitness. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have learned how to be and become healthy/strong. I not only believe that what I do in the gym not only strengthens me physically but mentally. Which in turn plays out into my family. I take care of myself, so I can take care of them.
 
The greatest moment in my life didn't happen in my 20's, it happened before. About 10 years ago I met Jesse for the first time. And over the course of these 10 years, we have grown from acquaintances to a strong team. So even though I met him when I was 18, he has filled my life with great moments throughout the years. Oh I love him.  
 
On the day of my birthday we gathered as family, both my side and Jesse's side, at Mike and Heidi's home. Heidi spoiled me with a yummy Salmon and veggie dinner and homemade German Chocolate Cupcakes. All of my favorites.
 
When my family arrived, I opened my gifts. New clothes, a sewing machine, money, gift cards, jewelry and 2012's blog posts printed up in a book. 
Manda is in town for a little while. I was happy to have my siblings there to show me love and support. They are AWESOME and they make me smile.

 A big shout out to the woman who gave me life. Wouldn't be celebrating this day if it wasn't for her. I forever am grateful for her and her sacrifice. Love her.
 Everybody just hanging out. Which I love.

Monday Night. Jesse took me to dinner at Mikado. A favorite of his, and now mine. I'm changing my ways as I get older. He's always loved Sushi and I've grown to love it too. I'm picky though. I don't care for the seaweed, so I get Rice/Soy paper instead. And I still struggle with some of the raw fish. I always seem to enjoy the ones that have crap and/or shrimp instead. I'm sure eventually I'll get there. Baby steps.  I'm just happy to spend time with my #1.

Afterwards he took me to see "Saving Mr. Banks". Even though it was a Disney Movie I REALLY enjoyed it. The plot is about how the movie "Mary Poppins" came about. Very well done. The whole time I was simply taken by it. It was funny, emotional and relatable. AWESOME!
Had a simple, yet good birthday this year. I had a huge amount of birthday wishes on Facebook, which made me feel loved. Grateful to all my friends and family for helping me feel special on my special day. Love you all!

No comments: