Sunday, July 29, 2012

Smith Family Sacrament Meeting

To add more hectic to our week Jesse got a phone call from a bishopric member on Thursday night asking us to speak in Sacrament. Ya you might be wondering why I am blogging about that. I have to because they asked Ryker to speak as well. And he did awesome. When he got up there he started out by saying "Hello Friends". Everyone was laughing at how cute he was, but I think that made him a little embarrassed so then he became a little more shy in giving the rest of his talk. But he did great! Everyone afterwards was telling him what an amazing job that he did.


My first original thought was ‘This is terrible timing.’ My sister had just flown in on Thursday night and is staying the weekend. So my original plans for this weekend were to spend every spare moment I had with her. Well, my priorities quickly shifted after Jesse got off the phone with Jeremy. Every spare moment I had was spent on this talk. And I have to admit I was feeling overwhelmed with the short amount of time allotted to me on top of working Friday and Saturday. Prayers were just flying out of my mouth. I needed inspiration and I needed it now.

The bishopric member gave us the topic of Loving the Lord. This is kind of ironic given the situation. Here I was in turmoil just racking my thoughts with what I could possibly inspire you with and all I needed to do was remember the Lord and He would help me. So I can tell you that after preparing this talk that I have a deeper Love for the Lord. I have had to trust in him 100%. I know that if I were to rely only on myself, I wouldn’t have been able to do it.
So this experience (for me) turned out really well. I didn't want to do it at first, but I'm grateful that I was given the opportunity. I felt lifted and strengthen from it.
Jesse disagrees with me, but he too did a great job. I am feeling very proud of my family today.

No comments: