Sunday, January 19, 2020

Earaches, No Sleep and God!


The last week has felt like a blur. All of the days seemed to run together and it went by so slow. So let me try and put this together. 
On Monday I stopped by Vitality to get some probiotics that I was out of. While I was there I picked up some Ear Support Oil to help Fynn get through this earaches.  He definitely liked them in his ears. So it was good to have another holistic remedy to add to the rest of the routine we did.  I knew what this week was going to look like after enduring it with Cyrus. So it was good to have more options to help us get through. It was still very rough though.  It was another torturous this week. About every 3 hours Fynn was ready for Motrin or Tylenol.  And in between he had a tough time getting settled into comfort. Especially at night.

Every 15-20 minutes Fynn would just cry out or moan in pain. It was just enough time to dose off to sleep, just to be woken up again. A true form of torture. With him being in our room to keep a close eye on him we were up most the night helping him. Going to the Gym wasn't an option that week at all. I had no energy to do that. I wish I could paint a better picture about how miserable Fynn, Jesse and I were that whole week. 


He would start on the couch in our room, but eventually end up in our bed. Which wasn't too bad when Jesse was on duty. But when he was home, the three of us didn't fit very well in our queen bed. I often thought 'How did Joseph Smith's family do it?'
I think by Wednesday I text my brother to come help Jesse give Fynn a priesthood blessing of healing. I jokingly said to Jesse "I need you to call upon all the powers of heaven to heal my baby." He laughed and said "OK"

When Tyson arrived Fynn had fallen asleep on Jesse's chest. So he transferred him to my lap so they could perform the anointing and blessing. That woke Fynn up just enough that he was squirming in my lap and feeling very unsettled under the hands on his head. He was moaning a little bit too. I kept trying to comfort him as best I could.

I can't remember exactly how Jesse worded it, but at one point of the blessing he mentioned that if it be God's will to heal this child. Also that it might be a time for faith and testimony building for us. I was also uttering a silent prayer in my mind. I knew God could heal Fynn. I don't doubt it. I pleaded with him to take it away from Fynn. (Which this wasn't the first time that week that I had pleaded for this to be taken away from Fynn)

Jesse was still saying the blessing and all of a sudden Fynn went totally calm in my lap and fell asleep like he'd been drugged or something. So much that I had to hold his head up for Tyson and Jesse to continue on with the blessing. "Is he healed?"... I wondered.

They finished the blessing and Fynn just slept in my arms. I didn't dare move. I wasn't sure exactly what happened, but something did.

Tyson left and  we got ready for bed.

Fynn still had a rough night that night. Maybe not as bad as previous nights had been. During one of the times I was up in the night trying to fall back asleep I was praying and pondering about all this. I was asking God to take this away. Part of me was wondering why the blessing didn't work the way that I wanted. And as I'm pondering about all this I had a very clear scripture come to my mind. And it had been from my Book of Mormon Study last week. And it was 1 Nephi 1:1. Where Nephi tells us that he experienced many afflictions, but he was highly favored of the Lord. And it was right then that I realized that this afflictions wasn't going to go away and I was highly favored of the Lord.  He wasn't going to take it away from us, he was going to help us through it.

It's that tipping point during affliction. Which way am I going to lean? And I choose God. And I learned a lesson this week. Choosing God doesn't take away the pain and affliction. Choosing God he will give you the strength to get through it. And that's exactly what happened. Looking back over the past almost month with all the sickness that we have had with the boys and the sleepless night we had. I'm talking every single night we got 3 hrs is we were lucky. I was still able to do everything that I needed to do. God really was there for me. I really made sure to get my scripture study in too. I made time for the essential things. Which is one of my 2020 goals. My personal scripture study needed to happen each week. And so far I am already seeing the blessings from it. 


By Friday, Fynn finally made a turn around. He was up playing and smiling. He needed pain meds very little throughout the day and night. It was refreshing to see him playing with Murphy.


He started out in his own room that night, but eventually ended up in my room. Jesse was on duty that night so I sent him this picture of Fynn. He came down kinda crying and got settled on the couch and fell back asleep almost instantly.
While I was at work on Saturday, Jesse took Murphy on a hike and he took Fynn with him. And after our long week, well long almost month to see this boy (and all my boys) smiling and feeling well. I feel grateful. 

No comments: