Friday, January 24, 2020

Axe Throwing Date Night

Last week Jesse asks me if I would be interested in going Axe throwing with the Jenkins. I had seen on Instagram several times from other people doing it and I was curious about it.  So I said yes. 

Tonight we went on that date. Dinner first and then Axe Throwing. At first when I walked in I was excited, but a had an anxious feeling come over me about it. For some reason the amount of people that were there made me feel nervous. I had never done this before and the thought of them all being there watching me try figure it out made me really nervous. But after a few throws I had to get over that. And I did get over it. By the end I was way into it and feeling competitive. 

It really was such a fun date night. Like bowling we kept track of different of points as we played. But there were several versions of games. The first game we just played on our own adding up as many points as possible. Which was a good way to get the hang of throwing the axe. Which I ended up winning. What? Beginners Luck maybe?
Our next game we had to get...
B
44
333
2222

We each took our turn throwing for those specific numbers and marking them off as we threw our turns. I tied with Kris. Haha

I was surprised how well I was doing.

And this happened....

...even Jesse got the axe to stick in backwards. 
I was very proud every time I hit the bullseye. 

The last game we played Jesse and Kris teamed up and I was with Keya. The game was that one of the teammates had to throw at the target and the second teammate had to hit the exact same number ater that. I ended up being the second teammate because I had been doing so well on the other 2 games. And I choked. We didn't do very good. But I just told Jesse that I was letting him win the last game so he wouldn't feel bad about himself when we were leaving. Haha

No comments: