Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve

My plan to get to the hospital really early this morning didn't work out so well when I woke up feeling achy. Jesse and the boys had been sick all last week with the flu and I had hopes that I wasn't going to get it. I was feeling like I could avoid it. But when I woke up feeling achy I thought "Oh great here we go. I was going to be sick on the couch for several days, just like Jesse was."

So I decided to stay home and get more rest. I also took an Ibuprofen to help with the achy. Surprisingly it did me wonders and I didn't feel too bad.

I kept in contact with Jesse as the day was going on and about what time they were going to be allowed to leave for home.

When I got there they were ready to go.  And Fynn was jumping around all over the bed just so excited to go home. lol. He certainly made a big turn this morning and I have never been more happy to see him jumping around, being sassy and goofy (still with a mix of grumpy). He was need to be on Tamiflu, Tylenol and Ibuprofen for the next few days, but he is definitely on the mend.

What a BLESSING!!!

Jesse was telling me on the drive home that if Fynn would have been intubated like they originally wanted to, we definitely would not have been able to go home this quickly. I know it's because of all the prayers in his behalf. We had SO MANY people reaching out to us to tell us they were praying for him. It was very nice to have all the love and support in Fynn's behalf. 
I took a picture of the room number and...
...his bracelet he had to wear while he was in there. 
Jesse was so tired and Fynn just wanted to snuggle. 
Within the hour, Mike and Heidi brought Ryker and Cyrus home. What a blessing they were to take care of the older boys. I don't ever worry when they are with grandparents. And we are blessed to have both sets around. 

It still was New Year's Eve and Ryker asked us if we were going to have a party. I was rude and laughed. I explained to him that we were not because his little brother just got home from Primary's. 

After this week's sickness,  the Christmas hustle and Fynn landing himself in the PICU, we didn't have much party left in us. But what I will say is... how grateful I was that we were all together as a family this night.  

No comments: