Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

When I woke up this morning I was feeling super exhausted. Let me explain. Yesterday was such a stressful day that it had me feeling completely drained. Physically and Emotionally. From my workout to work to Harmoni's play (explained in previous post) I was gone from 6am until 11:30pm. I didn't even get to bed until after midnight. Poor Heidi had the boys all day too, so she was totally tired as well. She mentioned to me that Fynn sounded kinda croupy after waking up from his nap. I didn't really think much about it because Ryker hadn't been feeling good, so I just thought it was a winter cold that was going around. 

But at 5:30am this morning I woke up to him crying in fear. I could hear that he wasn't breathing very well. I grabbed my robe, ran upstairs and took him outside to sit on the porch. We stayed there until he calmed down and he was able to breath a little better. He eventually told me he was getting cold, so I took him up to his room, changed his diaper and we snuggled in the rocking chair until 6:30am. He seemed tired still and I for sure was, so I put him back in bed and I climbed back in bed myself. I slept until 8:30am when Jesse came home from work. He climbed into bed with me and we talked for awhile. I told him all about Harmoni's thing last night and my stressful day. Maybe I was too tired but I couldn't hold back the tears. I cried to him and told him how much I loved him and am so lucky that he's MY husband.

As the morning went on we noticed that Fynn was really sick. He had a fever of 102 degrees and having a difficult time breathing and coughing regularly. Jesse took a shower with him hoping the steam would help, but then took him outside to get the cold air to open up that airway. It was cute because Fynn would ask Jesse to take him outside. It must have really helped him feel better. 
I had text my family this morning too because we were all suppose to get together at 3pm to celebrate Christmas. But now we have a baby that is really sick and I'm afraid to spread it. I asked them what they wanted me to do. They all agreed to have him just come and we would all be really careful. My Dad also suggested a priesthood blessing. So by 10:30am my dad and Tyson were here to aid Jesse in giving Fynn a blessing. Also Cyrus was showing signs of not feeling well either, so he was given a blessing as well. 

Before they got there Jesse used the nifty app TelaDoc to call in a steroid for Fynn. We knew he needed it with how bad he was doing. 

Tyson left , but then my dad hung out for a minute and played Uno with Cy. He was cute and put music on his phone to get Fynn to fall asleep on the couch. 

Jesse and Ryker got ready for church (which was at 11:30am today) and I stayed home with the sick boys. 

 I was in a little bit of a dilemma because Fynn just wanted me to hold him, but I needed to get some food ready for the Christmas get-together. I just wanted to hold him but also stressing about everything I needed to get done. Jesse was at church with Ryker and I somehow managed to get everything done that I needed to.

As soon as Jesse got home TelaDoc called him and Jesse was able to explain what was happening with Fynn. They were able to call in a steroid for him. About the same time Heidi had text me wondering how Fynn was doing? I told her what was going on and we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do about the rest of the day. She was so gracious to offer her help. Her and Mike came out to our house around 2pm. They were going to stay with Fynn while we went and spent the evening with my family.
Jesse dropped me, Ryker and Cy off at my Grandma Goodrich's house to visit with her and my siblings. Jesse went to the store to pick up some Tylenol, Ibuprofen and the steroids for Fynn. While we were visiting with Grandma Jesse was busy getting things for Fynn. When he got back we gathered for a picture, chatted a little bit more and we were needing to leave so we could get to my parents for "Christmas".

When we go to my parents we played games, ate a yummy dinner and had a surprise visit from Santa.



 Each of the littles got matching jammies and the couples got a bag of cuties. I was a little bit sad that Fynn wasn't there for this part. I know if we brought him he would have been so miserable, but we surely missed him.

After Santa left we opened Christmas Gifts. My Dad likes to do the divining out. I guess it's tradition.

Before the night was up we had to get a picture of us all together. It's been 3 years since we were all together on Christmas. One of the Christmas Miracles was that My parents were able to talk with Amanda and Aaron and work out their differences. My heart was so happy to have them there this year. Still missing our sweet Alexa. I sure pray that Heaven is watching out for her and she'll come back to us one day.



Minus the fact that my baby Fynn came down with Croup today, I'd say today was one of the Best Christmas Eves. I'm blessed with the BEST family on both sides. Merry Christmas Eve!!!

No comments: