Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4th of July

Since Jesse was scheduled to be on Duty for the 4th of July we decided to celebrate as a family yesterday. And because we have these Lagoon Passes we wanted to go.

 Summer really doesn't get better than sun, swimsuits and these boys.
 Lunch break
 Once we were all Lagoon-a-Beached out we went on a few rides together. The train is pretty much the only ride we can all go on together. Fynn just loves it though, he's slightly obsessed with trains right now.

After several hours we went home completely worn out. You know it was a good day when you and the rest of your family is totally exhausted from playing so hard. Haha.
 This morning I took the boys to the Centerville Parade. Which worked out so nicely this year because my grandma had saved us a little place AND I was able to park in Great Uncle Darrell's driveway. He lives right on Main St. and his whole front yard is shaded by a huge tree. So I didn't have to worry about parking and walking the kids over (and possibly losing one), we didn't have to sit in the blazing sun so we stayed quite comfortable and happy.
 When did these 3 get so grown up? (insert teary emoji).
 I am pretty sure that Grandma Lois does not miss a parade. I was so grateful to her for arranging for us to come sit with her and Grandpa.
 Once the Parade was over I got a text from Jesse and he tweeked his back when pulling on his turnouts. He was hurting and needed his tens unit. Since we were planning on coming to see him anyway I ran home to get the tens unit before we made our way up to Ogden.

As soon as we pulled into the fire stations driveway so did another engine. Before I know it there were 4 firemen washing the truck. And even having Ryker and Cyrus spray the hose. It was rather a cool moment with these guys.

Then I had to get a picture of Jesse and the boys because it doesn't get much more patriotic than that huh?

As a side note...
Ryker and Cyrus made this sign to sell our cherries when they come on. They sold them last year so this year they are upping their marketing. Haha.

It reads:
Cherries for sale
15 cherries =5cents
1 bag =50 cents
2 bags =1.50$
big bag = 6.00$
 My favorite is the back with the notes:
-Speak happily
-Act Kind
-Say "Thank you" after they pay
Jesse and I were both very impressed when we found this. They did it all on their own. Proud Parent Moment Right?

No comments: