Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Mother Teresa 50 Years Young

For the past few week my siblings and I have been working on something special for Mom's 50th birthday. I know she requested not to have a surprise party so we decided to surprise her in a special way. I met with everyone and we came up with a plan to decorate the park (where we were holding the party at) with balloons so that when mom showed up she was surprised. 
Also we decided to put together a book of 50 reasons why we love her, personal letters and pictures of her. Then with all the individual reasons Tyson designed a collage of them all then sent it to Jesse to print out on his vinyl cutter and put it on a painted board. Seeing the book and plaque some together was so neat.
The best part was the look on her face when we each took our turn reading our personal letters and all the reasons why we love her. There wasn't a dry eye there as we shared our love for this dear woman.

Might I mention that we celebrated Chantel's 20th birthday as well. She's such a sweetheart. I just love this baby sister of mine. She just had her baby one month ago and is fitting into her skinny jeans (which feels very unfair to me, but I'm very for her). Like I said already that I love her, but I think I love her too much at times that I tend to mother her. I have loved watching her grow up and become the most natural mom herself. She's full of love and spirit and I feel so blessed to call her my sister!
Happy Birthday Mom and Chan! You are 2 women in my life that I couldn't go without.

No comments: