Friday, June 23, 2017

A Lagoon Day That Didn't Go As Planned

I had the day off today and a day off on a Friday for this working mama doesn't come around very much. So I braved Lagoon A Beach by myself with these 3 munchkins. Worth it! As these boys get older and older I find myself grasping for every moment I can spend with them. 
 Always love me a little Fynnie snuggles. He stayed with me the whole time while Ryker and Cyrus would go ride a water slide and then come back to check in with us.
 At lunch break I got a kick out of them all eating their lunches in their tubes.
 After several hours of being there it was time to go and get dinner. I was feeling awesome that we were all together and I hadn't lost anyone or had anything crazy happen. Well I thought too soon because I experienced one of the biggest fears of any parent. I lost Cy as we were leaving Lagoon. He was missing for 20 mins and it was the longest 20 mins of my life.
 I have to thank my heavenly Father for watching out for him. When I finally saw him I burst into tears with such gratitude for him.
Here's the story...
We were actually leaving Lagoon and passed the fountain at the front area and Cy asked me "I wanna make a wish" so I gave him and Ryker a penny. I sat down as they walked back to it (20ft away)... They came both came back telling me they forgot to make a wish after throwing the penny in the fountain. Haha, so I gave them another. They went back.

I checked something on my phone. When Ryker came back I noticed Cy wasn't with him, so I asked him where Cy was. He didn't know. We searched that whole front area for 10 mins. I finally went to security and filled out paper work to give them info on Cy and then all the security guards around the park were notified.

I went back to the fountain hoping Cyrus would be there. That's when I called Jesse (who was at work). At this point my mind is going to all those dark places. Did someone take him? Is he ok? I'm praying. I'm a mess on the phone. Jesse suggested going to look at the truck. Maybe he left the park thinking that we left too? Jesse said that he would leave work to come and help me. I made Ryker swear to stay at the fountain while I walked to the truck with Fynn and the wagon.

We parked forever away. The walk back to the truck I was crying and praying out loud for Cy to be ok. I'm sure every person I passed was thinking I was nuts. But I didn't care in that moment. I was on the hunt to find my child.

About 3/4 of the way there, I see Cy walking towards me. I burst into a sob and ran to him. Never felt more happy to see him. Prayers of thanks were said, many tears were shed, and hugs shared. I held him so tight and was surprised to see that he wasn't crying himself. (I found out later that he was worried he was going to get in trouble).

As we walked back to the park to get Ryker, I called Jesse to let him know I FOUND HIM! Oh what a relief. I couldn't stop crying. When we made it back to Ryker, he was crying too. More hugs. Then we went and told the security that Cy was found. We walked to the truck together and once we got there I had this thought come to me "This is a teaching moment Ash, you need to pray." So we huddled together and said a prayer of Thanks to our most gracious Heavenly Father.

No comments: