Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter 2017

Dying Easter Eggs together is always an adventure. This year was funny with Fynn. He wanted to be right in the middle of the whole thing. His preferred spot was on the table right next to the supplies. Well can't be having that happen or else we'll have a big mess on our hands. But because he didn't get what he wanted he through an occasional fit. 

But all in all it was fun to be together as a family making the memories. 
These 3 and how concentrated they are on their egg decorating.
Notice Fynn's whole entire hand in the cup of orange dye? Ya that was his method. Haha.
"Easter Bunny" paid a visit that night and brought them some cool stuff.
Jesse had to go to work this morning, so it was just me and the boys together on this Easter Sunday. Several years ago I made these bunny faces for the boys for Easter. And Ryker requested that I make it again. So I did.
Before we started the Easter Egg Hunt I had to get a picture of these rag-a-muffins with their morning hair and their Easter Baskets.
Kind of a silly picture of Fynn, I think he might have been mid cough when I caught this. But he just loved finding the eggs and putting them in his basket. The "Easter Bunny" left some out for him that were easy to find. Granted those were the ones that Ryker and Cy found too, but they would just give it to Fynn.


After that was all done. I put Fynn down for a nap and gave a lesson to the Boys about the real reason we celebrate Easter! We studied a little more about the Crucifixion and the Resurrection of Christ. I wanted to ensure in them that the reason we have Easter isn't because of the Easter Bunny, Baskets and eggs. It's Because of Him! Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He suffered and died for us. He is Risen! And He LIVES!!! I know it of a surety and these boys do too!

I love seeing their eyes light up when we talk about Jesus and all that he did for us and still does for us. I'm forever grateful for Christ who made it possible for us to return to Him as Eternal Families. Cuz I sure do love these boys deeper than I can ever express and I want to be with them Forever!
Happy Easter!!!

No comments: