Monday, April 10, 2017

Heart of Gold!

I have to share this story about Ryker because this kid continues to impress me with his big heart of gold.

Every Monday at 4pm Ryker goes to piano lessons. He takes from Grandma Goodrich who lives a few blocks away from us. If it's a nice day he'll ride his bike there. Around 6pm tonight he hadn't come home yet. I called me grandma to find out where he was and she said he had left a little while ago and he should be home anytime.  Sure enough by 6:10om he came walking through the door. He started to apologize for being later than normal. He said he left grandma's house at 5:30pm. And before I could get upset at him because I was worried where he was, he told me that on his way home our neighbors were cleaning up a tree that had fallen over from the snow storm yesterday. So he stopped to help clean up. 

My upset worried heart turned to mush as he finished telling me why he was so late coming home.  How can he really be this good? Without being asked he offered up his services to clean up? Wow! 

What an example he is to me. And to all of us.

During dinner we had a knock at the door and the neighbors brought $10 over to Ryker for helping! He was so excited!

What a lesson to be learned from my 9 year old son. 

While, I'm bragging about him I should tell you that Ryker fasted for the first time yesterday, bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting and prepared his own Primary talk all by himself.

He continues to inspire me to be a better mother and a better person!

Love this kid so much!

No comments: