Thursday, December 29, 2016

Just like that... I turned 31!

Woke up this morning a year older and feeling younger then ever. Jesse was coming off of a shift this morning so I let the boys sleep in while I went to the gym. It's been nice now that Ryker is at an age where I trust him for an hour or 2 to be in charge. I went early and got a nice workout with my friends Tara and Cand. 
When I do leave the boys at home I will usually call them on my way home just to check in with them. When Ryker answered the phone he seemed a little suspicious asking me where I was exactly. I told him that I had just left the gym and would be home in 8 mins.

Well much to my surprise when I walked through the door I was greeted with these 2 boys (in their unders) holding a homemade birthday banner and singing Happy Birthday to me. Oh they sure know how to make me feel so loved on my birthday. While they were singing I felt like my heart was going to burst and I wanted to sob. But I couldn't because I had the biggest smile on my face. When they were done I had to hurry and snap a picture of them. Ryker said "No, I'm in my underwear" but I didn't care. I had to capture this moment.
Then Ryker took me into the kitchen to show me that he had made pancakes for me. They were all ready on the table waiting for me to eat them. Oh I was so tickled by how thoughtful he was. They had NO HELP from anyone. Matter of fact Ryker manned the whole thing (Cyrus got distracted he told me haha). I even asked Ryker if Grandma Heidi or Daddy gave him the idea. But Nope. It was all his idea. This is what I call a Pay Day Moment for a mother. So awesome. I just felt so special that he would go to all this effort for me. I guess the minute I left this morning he got up and started working on the banner and cooking the pancakes. Makes sense why he was acting so suspicious on the phone. He was frantic to have everything ready for me. And he did a great job!
I went to work at 11 and was feeling TOTALLY BUMMED that I had scheduled clients. I was only going to work until 4pm. But still, I was really wanting to stay home with my family.

But when I was coming home I drove up our street to find that Jesse had rented this 4-wheeler for the snow. Date night was looking to be a good time.
I came in the house and he said "Surprise!!!" Haha. He had a sitter there ready to go and he told me to go change into warm clothes and we were leaving. He had hot chocolate ready to go in thermos mugs and we were going to pick up soup on our way out from Parsen's Bakery. Mmmm. And a yummy birthday treat.
He took me up above the "B" and we rode around as far as we could go. Pretty much until the trail ended. We found a spot to chill and we ate our soup, hot chocolate and cookies under the starry cold night.
We headed back down the hill and Jesse let me drive. Hehe. I liked driving because the backseat was very bumpy. And I got to get some paybacks for giving me such a bumpy ride. Haha.

When we made it back down I was feeling very cold by that point. But we were done so that worked out. We loaded it back up on the trailer and took it back to the rental place.
It was only 8:00ish by this point and I wasn't feeling ready for my birthday to be over. So we decided to go and get 2nd dinner since our soup wasn't holding us over so well.

Pei Wei was the stop. And I just loved talking and hanging out with my man a little while longer. Every year he goes out of his way to make my day so special and me feel so loved. I'm a lucky girl. I have all these boys surrounding me with so much love.

No comments: