Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve 2016

After going to bed at 4am last night (well this morning) Jesse had to wake up for work at 6:30am. Ugh. I was feeling so bad for him that he only got 2.5 hours before going and working a 24 hour shift. 

I didn't know if I would be up to doing a bunch of stuff with the boys with only getting 4 hours of sleep myself. But as we got up and was feeling pretty good I decided to go to a movie. I made arrangements with my mom to go to dinner with her and dad. We decided that I would take the boys to go see a movie (up in Ogden)  and afterwards I would drop by the station to visit Jesse. Then Mom and Dad would meet me at Sanora Grill for dinner.

While we were waiting to leave we were all soaking up our time with Fynn who we all missed so much. The boys were so excited to be with him again. We were getting a kick out of the fact that he would bring me his snow suit and sign please for me to put it on him. Then he would just walk around the house with it on. Haha. He's such cute kid. Our family is so complete with him. 

Then it was time to go. We got in the truck and were on our way. We were cutting it close to leave so we were a little bit late when we got there. I was going to stop by somewhere to pickup some lunch. But didn't have time and decided to just get stuff for the boys at the concessions. While I was waiting for the food to be done I sent the boys into the theater so they could start watching the show.

I got the food and was carrying it on a tray with it in one hand, Fynn in the other and the diaper bag over my shoulder. Then the food slid off the tray all over the dirty ground. A sweet lady stopped to help me and told me I could probably go and get a new one for free. So I went back to the workers who gladly made me new ones.

I got the new ones and made my way into the theater and right as I was about to sit down, the food spills again. Gaaaaa. This time I just picked it up without the boys knowing and just gave it to them. Shhh, don't tell them. Haha.

The rest of the movie I spent following Fynn around the theater trying to keep him calm and quiet. He's definitely in the worst stage for movies. What I caught of the movie I thought was really cute.
Then we made our way over to the Fire Station to visit daddy. We were all so happy to be together as a family. It was the first time in over a week.
We hung out for an hour or so talking and playing ping pong. When Jesse got a call we all decided to leave too.

I drove around for a little bit hoping to get Fynn to fall asleep. But no luck. By that point it was time to meet mom and dad for dinner. Which I was super excited about. It is one of the best Mexican Restaurants around and I hadn't had it since I was pregnant with Fynn.

I'm sad I didn't get a picture of us together at dinner, but at this point I was having troubles with Fynn and Cy behaving in the restaurant and was feeling ready to get out of there. So as soon as we were done we left. Mom and Dad went to go see the new Star Wars Movie and I drove home with the boys.

The drive home was white knuckle for me. It has been raining all day and as the night came it turned into snow and it made for very slippery conditions. While we were on the freeway I saw a car on the oncoming traffic side spin out of control hopping up on top of the median (which was right by me at this point) and it fell off the median and kept going the other way. Oh it freaked me out. I was fine in the truck but I get nervous with all the people around me. Anything could happen at any moment. Life can change so fast if we got in a bad accident. I was feeling bad for that person in their car.

Thank the Lord we made it all home safely and the boys were all passed out in the back.

I put them to bed and stayed up watching 2 Christmas Movies while I wrapped Christmas presents. Haha. Talk about waiting until the last min to do it huh? I really had no time before we left on our trip to get them wrapped. At least I had everything ready to be wrapped right?

No comments: