Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July Weekend 2016/ 10 months old

4th of July this year was pretty low key. Jesse was scheduled to work both on the 2nd and the 4th (Saturday and Monday). I wanted to do a bunch of things with the boys but when it came down to it I thought it would be best to keep things simple. 

Saturday after work I took the boys to see the new movie "Finding Dory". I was curious how Fynn would do but I thought if I would bring him dinner and snacks that I could keep him occupied during the whole thing. And it worked. He was wiggly, but that's normal for him at this age. It was such a cute movie and I was happy to spend that time with my 3 boys. 

After the movie we ended up at my friend (Harmoni)'s parents house in Centerville to watch the fireworks from their front porch. Which was perfect because we were able to see the fireworks with out the crowds and the traffic. Oh and get home aroudn 10:45pm instead of midnight. It was perfect. 
Then Sunday the 3rd Fynnick turned 10 months old. AHHH!!!! I can't believe how close he is to turning 1. I want to freeze this age right now so bad.

He's crawling around like crazy (Not really doing the split crawl anymore).
Getting more comfortable and confident with pulling himself up.
Had to lower his mattress in his crib since he was pulling himself up.
I find him pointing that right foot quite often.
Finally starting to sign "more"
Loves Patty Cake
Ryker and Cyrus love it when he screams really loud.
His squishy rolly legs are to die for.
Smiles at strangers.

For the actual 4th of July I had plans to take the boys to the Centerville Parade in the morning. But Sunday night I just was feeling like I just wasn't in the mood to fight the crowd by myself with the boys. I'd probably lose one of them. And besides it was my holiday too I didn't need to be stressed out all day getting to one thing after another. So we all slept in that morning, was able to have breakfast and give Fynn a nice long nap before we headed out to Cottonwood Heights to go swimming.

The boys were kinda mad at me when they found out we weren't going to the parade. But once they found out we were going swimming they forgave me. Mostly. Haha.

We met everyone at the pool around 1:30pm. On my way there I text Emily and told her that we needed to recreate our picture we took at that same pool just a year ago with our 33 week pregnant bellies. And here we are a year later with our 10 month old babes. It's amazing what 1 year can bring us.
Fynn's first time in the pool and he totally LOVED it. He wouldn't stop kicking his legs when he was in the water. I got some great video of him doing that. It was so cute and he had a grin on his face the whole time.

I love these boys so much. We were really bummed that Jesse couldn't be with us that day. Even though we are used to it we still miss him when he's not around.

These two cousins are too cute.
I love how comfortable Ryker and Cyrus are in the pool. Having Fynn this year it was such a relief knowing I wouldn't have to worry about the older 2.  They could play to their hearts content and thn I could really focus on Fynn.
The whole Smith Gang (minus Jesse, Tyson and Tayler).
The pool closed at 4pm so we all cleaned up and headed to Mom and Dad's. Andrew and Emily actually had to leave, so it was just me and my boys left. I contemplated going home because I didn't want Mom to have to worry about making dinner for us. But I ended up staying and I'm glad that I did. We were able to do some fireworks after we ate and the boys just loved it.
We were kinda lame and did them when it was still light outside. But I didn't want to keep Fynn up any later than he needed to be. Which was actually still enjoyable. I had just purchased a thing of areal package from Smith's Marketplace and it didn't disappoint.

There was one time that I lit one of the areal ones not knowing that I sat it on it's side. And it shot right at us, barely missing dad's head. Thankfully it knocked over and the rest shot upwards or else we would have had some problems. In my defense though the fuse was on the side, which I thought should be on the top. So when I lit the fuse I had the side that it was on pointing up. Nope. I swear they should have arrows saying "this side up." But I learned to look at the writing. Thankfully noone was hurt.
At first Fynn didn't care too much for the fireworks. But eventually he didn't mind so much. THe poor baby.
Once we were done we headed home and I was able to get these boys in bed at a decent-ish hour.
We all showered actually and while I was feeding Fynn Ryker and Cy noticed that they could see all the fireworks going off across the city from the toy room window.  They were in awe. Then I start to hear Ryker singing "The star spangled banner" while he was watching them. I thought it was rather moving and a tender way to end our 4th of July celebration.

No comments: