Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Boating Day

The past few years boating hasn't been a very often thing for me anymore. My family used to go on Tuesdays in the summer but the past few years it's been on Wednesdays. So since I work on Wednesdays I have to really plan ahead to go with them. So for the summer I decided to take a Wed off in July, Aug and I'm thinking Sept too. 

When the day finally came that we could go I was so excited. It had been 2 years since I had been able to wakeboard and I was totally looking forward to it. Last year the only time I went boating was when I was 10 days overdue with Fynn. And if I could have fit a life jacket around me I would have totally been out there wakeboarding. 

Tyson and Jessica also took the day off so we could all be together. 
I got the honor of going first. YAY!!!! I didn't want to get out of the water. It had been way too long and it felt like home. I found it interesting how after 2 years I didn't miss a beat. All the muscle memory was there and I went out there and wakeboarded like I only had been a day.
I felt bad hoggin all the good water, so I thought I better get back in the boat and let Jesse have a turn. He's been able to go a few times this summer with my family because of his work schedule lined up with the boating days.

He took Cy out on the wakeboard with him for a little bit. Cy only liked it for so long. I think he must have gotten tired from holding onto Jesse's legs for fear of falling off the board. Haha
Weeks leading up to the boating day we have been encouraging Ryker to brave. And to ski. We told him he didn't have to but we tried to encourage him that sometime new things are scary but when we do it we feel good about ourselves. We kept reminding him how he used to cry when he had to dive off the diving board for swimming lessons. But now it's one of his favorite things to do and he's way good at it.

So when the time came he wanted to be brave and he went for it. Jesse let him ski with him for a little bit to hopefully get the hang of it and to not feel worried.
After several attempts and lots of tears he got up. He got up several times actually but he would fall down right away. He wanted to come in because he "got up". But we told him he needed to stay up for a little bit longer. So the next time he got up and went for awhile. And the longer he was up the bigger the grin on his face grew.

When he came back in the boat he was so happy. He admitted that he had overreacted about the whole thing and he is looking forward to going again.

By this point the water got choppy and we were all feeling hungry. So we went over to our lunch spot and chilled for a few hours and ate lunch.

Jesse went in the water to play and took Fynn with him. I was curious to see how he would do in the water because it might be kinda cold for him. He totally loved it. Grinning the whole time and kicking his legs in the water.
I was so happy to spend this whole day with my family. Good ole fashion fun made my heart so happy. I love these boys so much. I can't get over how blessed I am to have these 3 handsome boys.

After the long break and our lunch we blew up the tube and took it out for a spin. The boys would have gone forever if we let them, but we needed to get going home. 

We pulled off the lake, cleaned up and drove to my parents to finish the clean up. We decided last minute to eat dinner at my parents. Which turned out super yummy. Especially after a long day in the sun. 

Looking forward to a day in August to do this all over again. 

No comments: