Friday, July 8, 2016

All the Joys of Camping. without Camping

That's my kind of camping. Haha.

The weekend after July 4th we wanted to do something together as a family. But be away from the crowds. Jesse came up with the brilliant idea to go up into the mountains above the B. The B stands for Bountiful and it's up on the mountain. And there is a dirt road that goes for miles up in the mountains. It's the perfect place to go and have a campfire and be away from the city.

July 8th was a Friday. I worked that day, but Jesse was off. So when I got home he had everything all ready to go. Including the Tinfoil Dinners with everyone's names on it. I got a kick out of how excited the boys were about them. I guess they had helped pick the ingredients at the grocery store and put them together.

Took us a little bit to find the perfect location where we could build a fire and safely shoot the 22 rifle Jesse brought along for the boys to practice. Once we did find a spot, the first thing we did was build a fire so we could get our dinners cookin'.

While they were on the fire we took some pictures.



...and did some shooting. On our way out we had stopped at Dick's Market to buy some soda pop cans for target practice. The boys thought it was cool when they would shoot them and they would blow up.
I was quite impressed with how well they both shot. They were better shot than me. Which I guess isn't saying much since I'm not good at all. But I did get a lucky shot on my first try and hit it dead on.
After patiently waiting for our meal to be done. We could feast. And it was SOOO Yummy. I was quite impressed with Jesse's preparations.

We roasted marshmallows later and made s'mores. By that point it was dark and we needed to get home.

It was the perfect summer evening with all the joys of camping without having the hassle of camping. Haha.


No comments: