Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day Weekend 2016

Father's Day weekend was fun, but it left me feeling exhausted. I was sound asleep last night by 9:30 and didn't really wake up until 8:00. (I did get up around 2:45am because Fynn was crying  and found that he had a messy diaper that left his bum so raw. He was so sad and I eventually fed him). It's unusual for me to be so tired to the point that I slept in and missed out on my personal scripture study and going to the gym. I feel like I needed it. 

Anyway lets get to the point of this post. Saturday night after I got home from work we went on a family bike ride down on Legacy Bike Trail. It's kind of a production so it took us longer to get out of the house and it was around dinner time that we were leaving. We decided to pick up Taco Time on the way down, haul it in the trailer and stop at the Bountiful Pond to eat, then ride back. Actually I can't take the credit for that part, it was all Jesse's idea. I did plan the bike ride because he was on duty for Father's Day so I thought we should have some family time together to celebrate him. 

It was so great to get out together as a family. Cy was kinda slow, but Jesse was really patient with him and stayed with him. Before we left the house Cy was whining that he didn't want to go. But while we were riding he was saying "This is so much fun" haha.
This was the first time that I had been on my bike since I rode in the Little Red Bike Race. And that was a year ago and I was 29 weeks pregnant. My bike shorts didn't feel nearly as tight. Haha. It felt so great to ride again. With the boys we only rode about 5 miles. But it was still good to be on my bike. I need to get riding some more because my friend , Candice and I are riding in Goldilocks come late Sept and we wanna do the full 100. Eek.

I had to get a picture of Jesse and his boys in honor of Father's Day!!!! If only these boys truly knew how blessed they are to have this man as their Father. He's a shinig example for them and I love him for it.

Once we rode back to the truck we packed the bikes back up and headed over to YogurtLand for a little FroYo time. Then we called it a night because be the time we made it back home it was 10pm and we were all exhausted. Especially Jesse because he was coming off of a rough night from work the night before.
Sunday came and Jesse had to go to work. Which is fine. We missed him at church but we are used to it. But we still couldn't resist going up and visiting him while he was on duty.
These boys always enjoy seeing their daddy at work. I
After hanging with Jesse and the other firemen and their families the boys and I needed to take off. Our next stop was to visit Grandpa Roland.  We were only there for a short visit because we were slow leaving the fire station. But it was still nice to stop in and give Dad some love.
After that we headed to the Smith's for dinner. I forgot to get pictures by that point, but we enjoyed our evening together and our yummy Father's Day dinner Heidi cooked for us.

No comments: