Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Memorial Weekend w/ Garden Befores & Afters


Crazy to think that we have been in our new home for a year now. We have put so much work and effort into this house/yard, but it's only the tip of the iceberg. When we first moved in our focus was getting unpacked, remodeling the master bedroom (which I still need to show updated pictures of that) and getting the nursery ready. So the yard didn't really get any care last summer. I was in no condition to really help out being pregnant and all.

We are 85% done with the master bedroom/bathroom. What's left is the vanity, baseboards in the bathroom and I need to had the décor. Anyway, once it started to warm up Jesse started focusing on the yard. I think he was feeling the need to switch focus. Even though now he's aching to get the vanity done so that we can get the house re-appraised.

Anyway, before we moved in Jesse took pictures of the entire house and yard so we could have good before pictures. Which I'm so glad that we thought about doing that.

So here is the garden in May 2015. I kinda wish we got another before picture of it before we started cleaning it out. Just picture a years worth of growth on that grass. It was nearly 3 Ft tall and so thick with grass.  

Here it is today with the garden all planted. Can't wait for the veggie plants to fill in the entire space. Which is another thing that I just love. We have so much space to plant whatever we want. Our garden boxes in our precious yard were wonderful, but we were limited on how much we could plant. This year I was able to plant 3 cucumber plants and I'm wishing I would have done 4. Haha.

Memorial Day was spent getting the garden planted.  We spent hours doing it, but we had a good time doing it together as a family.  These boys have enjoyed picking out the plants from the nursery and planting them.  



K, this is the biggest transformation. When we moved in I mentioned to Jesse how ugly this water feature was and that I wanted to take it out. With hind sight I am so thankfully he said no. Around the beginning of April he started cleaning it up and I started to see the beauty within.
And by Memorial Weekend we had it looking so beautiful. Truthfully I didn't realize how much improvement we made on it until I found the picture from last year. And I was blown away. Thanks to Jesse for persevering and working so hard. I wasn't able to step in and help until the very end. So I feel like I can barely take any credit.

Top angle looking down on it... Before....
...and Now. All the flowers we planted are going to be so pretty once they spread out. Oh I can't wait.


And a few closer looks at it.



This house has so many projects, which at times makes me just not love it. But as we have been working on it together I love it. Even though it's SO MUCH work and SO MUCH more to come it brings us closer as a family/team. Gives us such a sense of accomplishment.

No comments: