Sunday, May 15, 2016

Highlights and Tidbits

We have had a hectic few weeks (what's new right?). Before I jump into our Moab camping trip I wanted to share a few little highlights of what's happened over the past few weeks.
 
On Sundays the boys will get ready and if they are waiting for me they will run over to the chapel and save us a seat. And this one particular Sunday Jesse was working. So when the boys were at the chapel waiting for me, they were totally alone. And being really good. Especially Riker. I found him sitting calmly and reading his scriptures. My heart just soared when I saw this. And then while the sacrament was being passed I looked over and caught him reading them again. I know I'm not suppose to take pictures during church, but I just had to sneak this one in because it was so neat. 
 
When it works out we like to go and visit Jesse at the fire station. Especially when his partner, Kris' family can go at the same time. Then that way we have some friends to hang out with and talk to. We hadn't gotten a family picture in front of the Fire Truck since Christmas, so it was time for a new one.

Fynn turned 8 months last week too. He's such a sweet little thing. We all can't seem to get enough of him. And that tongue of his. He likes to wiggle it back and forth and make noises with it. 
He LOVES food. Especially table food. And in particular, AVOCADOS.

He's still so content to sit. Not crawling yet, but cruises around in his walker like crazy.
Back in Dec 2011 we had a huge wind storm that blew over so many trees all over Davis County. On Sat Apr 30 we had Wind Storm warnings that were suppose to be as bad as 2011. So we were wondering if any of the pine trees in our back yard would blow over. Deep down Jesse and I were hoping all of them would. Haha. We want to get rid of them anyway so that would be one way to do it. Haha. Well unfortunately only one blew over. And Thankfully it didn't do much damage to the house. But it certainly scared the crap out of us when it hit the house.


 So after church on that Sunday we had several men here to help chop it up and haul it away.
 They had it done in an hour. Goes to show how much work can be done with a big group of men. Too bad more didn't fall over since we had all that help to get rid of one tree.
Another thing was I was cooking one night and when I took the lid off the steamer I was dumb and put the lid behind the pot. So the steam went right up onto my arm and burned me. At first I didn't think anything about it. Ya it hurt but it wasn't until the next morning I saw how bad it was.
 I had blisters and it was SO painful.
Over the course of 2 weeks I babied it. I had it wrapped for a good week and then the second week I wrapped it off and on but kept putting Neosporin on it to help with the healing itch.

It's feeling better now, but it's all brown. Kinda looks like a bruise. I wonder how long before it'll back to normal.

Right before we went to Moab (5/6) Jesse surprised me with a new phone. He's such a good husband. Mine was on its death bed and I was ready for a new one,

On my old phone I had kept a few notes about the boys. So here they are so I don't lose them.

(I wasn't sure if I recorded these 2, so just to be safe...)
10/17/15
Cy was talking to me about his Halloween costume and about his Darth Vader mask. He said to me "They're going to miss my cute little face huh?"

10/23/15
"My half name is Cy."

Ok... this year....
03/08/16
The boys asked me if chicken broth was chicken pee.

03/22/16
Cy; "Every human calls me silly. That hurts my feelings."

04/25/16
Me: (after picking Cy up from preschool) "What was your favorite part of school?"
Cy: "Going home"

That same day... After Cy got in trouble from Jesse for unrolling the entire paper towel roll, Jesse tried to talk to Cy about listening to the voice in his head that tells him to make good decisions... in response Cy said "But I didn't hear it."

04/26/16
Cy: "I wish I was a girl, so I could marry Fynn."

05/11/16
Riker and I were having a disagreement and when he finally discovered I was right I said (just to be funny) "When are you going to learn I'm always right?"
Cy chimes in...." No, Jesus is always right."

No comments: