Sunday, May 15, 2016

Moab Camping Trip Day1

The week we were leaving for Moab felt busier than ever. We had football games, theater tickets, young mens, school project to finish for Ryker, get a list together of what needed to be bought and packed for the trip, work, laundry.... endless right?
 
Our plan was to leave on Fri (5/6) and come home Mon (5/9). Jesse's 6 days break was Thursday to Tuesday. So he was so wonderful to do ALOT of the running around on Thursday of things that I didn't have time to get done. Including getting Mother's Day flowers, surprising me with a new phone, grocery shopping, putting new brakes on the truck, packing the gear, picking up kids from school, helping his friend Kris put together his swing set. He's the best! Truly!
 
Once I got home from work we finished packing up the truck and were in bed by 1am. EEK!
 
Friday morning our goal was to leave by 9 and drop off flowers to my Grandma Goodrich (her 80th birthday was that Sunday) and to drop off floweres to Heidi on our way to Moab. The other flowers we brought along with us to give to my mom on Mother's Day because she (and my dad and Chan) were planning on coming down on Sunday to spend the day with us.  
I took turns in the back seat to take care of Fynn.
This cute little face. His 2nd time to Moab and he's only 8 months old.

We made it to Moab in 3 1/2 hours. Yay! Our plan was to find a camping site in our favorite little area up Kane Creek in Hunter Canyon.But when we got there all the campsites were full. Darn it. We checked all the tags of when they were leaving and it the earliest one was 5/7. So we went up further to Ledge B. Which we didn't love as much. It was really open so it felt like you were camping right next to someone else and you could hear everyone at night.
 
While we were setting up camp Fynn was just chilling in the high chair watching us.
As a matter of fact as soon as we started setting up the tents, the wind started blowing SO HARD. I felt bad ditching Jesse for the rest of the set up but I put Fynn in the truck to help calm him. It was actually scaring him.
It seem to calm down enough that we could make dinner and chill around the camp fire though. But as we were chilling Jesse and I were wondering if it would be worth trying to get one of the Hunter campsites the next day and set up camp all over again?
They were so excited to have campfire popcorn. Love these 3 boys so much.
Not a beach, but it'll do. Haha.
 
Once the sun went down and we were all in bed the wind picked back up again. And it didn't stop until the morning. And it blew so hard I thought for sure our tent was going to blow away. And I just couldn't even sleep. Either the wind would wake me up. Or Fynn. I think he was nervous about it and cold. So he eventually ended up sleeping next to me. Which I think helped keep him warm.
 
As I laid there I knew I didn't care how long it took I wanted to move campsites. And Jesse agreed. 

No comments: