Thursday, September 10, 2015

Going Home

Friday (9/4)
We aren't the ones that like to stay in the hospital longer than we have to. Our insurance covers up to 48 hours, but we wanted to be headed home within 24. Some people think we are crazy because they like to take advantage of not being home. But it is just so uncomfortable. Jesse's "bed"  is just not cozy for him and I can't handle laying in a hospital bed. I ached for my own bed. Before we could leave though Fynn had to pass a few more tests and get bathed.
 
 
 
Heidi had the boys Thursday into Friday morning and after she dropped Ryker off at school she met my mom to drop of Cy to her. My mom had mentioned to me the night before that after she got Cy she would come back up to the hospital with Cy to visit.
 
It was time to bathe Fynn so Jesse and I went into the nursery to do that. Well actually Jesse did the bathing while I took pictures.
 


Then with perfect timing my mom showed up with Cy and Chan. So they got to watch him get bathed the rest of the way. 

He's all clean and relaxed.


 
After all that was said and done we went back to our room. When Cy saw me he patted my now 5 month looking belly and asked "Are we having anudder baby?"
 
I reassured him no.
 
"Well, it looks like we are having anudder baby."
 
Yes. Yes it does. Thankfully that'll go away with time.
 
Oh the innocent comments of a 4 1/2 year old. Anyway, once we got to our room Cy wanted to hold "Da baby". And I thought it was just so sweet that he wanted to so badly and that he was just loving it. He held him for a few minutes and then declared "I'm Done!" Thankfully he didn't just toss him like a toy that he's done playing with. He waited for us to take Fynn. I do love this sweet picture of them together. I really was so curious how Cy was going to act with new baby brother. But he just absolutely LOVES him and can't get enough of him.
 
(I can't count how many times I have heard Cyrus say or sing "Da baby's so coot, Da baby's so coot" since we have been home.)  
 

 Around lunch time my friend Candice brought us some lunch. She is so kind, thoughtful and generous to do that. I felt bad though when she came because I was nursing Fynn and about the same time a midwife came to check me and see how my bleeding and such was coming along. Then another nurse came in to get my vitals and another to get Fynn's vitals. So at one point Candice had to hang out in the bathroom. And before I knew it she had to leave. I felt so bad that we didn't really get to talk much.

I got cleared to go home and we were waiting on one more test on Fynn. Then we could go. Oh man were we anxious to get out of there. But when we finally were in our truck driving home at 5:30pm we were SO happy.
 We got home around 6:00 and had lots of visitors. Andrew and Emily brought us dinner. My parents brought us the boys. Then Tyson and Jessica came to visit as well. I loved having everyone there for the support but it was also a bit chaotic. But that's ok I'd rather it be that way because it shows how much we are loved by our family.

The boys brought me flowers and balloons and the look on their faces as they came through the front door was priceless. They were so excited to see us home and to give me these gifts. Man I am so lucky to have these boys. I know I say that all the time. But I really am so blessed. 
Going to bed that night was so welcoming. Oh it felt so good to lay with some heat on my back and to be in my own bed, What is it about your own bed being such a comfort? But I was extra grateful for my bed at that moment. I felt like I could heal faster being home. I could actually relax.

Home really is sweet and there is no place like it.

No comments: