Thursday, September 10, 2015

1 week old

 
Here we are a week later from birth. Can I just say the last week has gone by so must faster than the week and a half I waited for him after the due date? Why is that? Haha.
 
It's been a good, stressful anew eventful week.
 
Sunday (9/6) we hung out in the morning together before church. I was staying home but Jesse took the boys to our friend's (The Seaman's) baby blessing. But before they left I took a little video of Fynn while he was sleeping and caught the biggest smile of him dreaming. Oh it just melts your heart seeing that big grin, 
 Once the boys were gone it was just Fynnick and I to hang out. I gave him his first bath at home and he didn't mind it too much.

I do have to admit that I just love to stare at him while he's nursing. His hands are always posing and he just has the sweetest look on his face. Especially when he's awake.  This one time I thought his hand was so cute with his fingers all spread. He got Jesse's hands for sure. All of our boys have Jesse's hands and ears.



 That night we went to the Smith's to celebrate Sterling's 4th birthday (and now Fynn's birthday as well). But we had to compare Fynncik and Genevieve side by side. Funny how they had due dates one day apart and they ended up being 3 weeks apart. But Fynn is still bigger than Evie is. Which for her sake is a good thing. Better to have the girls more petite and the boys more solid.

Anyway, we had a hard time getting a good picture of them together. They both just weren't having it. So this is the best that we can do for the time being. I'm sure there will be plenty of them together in the future.
 
Monday (9/7) was Labor Day. Andrew came over to help Jesse in the bathroom. I just hung around all day trying to update the blog and feed Fynn. Feeding him is rather time consuming right now. But that's expected. And I really don't mind. I just find that I want to hold him all the time and just stare at him. When I was trying to blog I just wanted to still hold him, but needed to type. So this was my solution. Yes it may have cut the circulation off to my leg, but I didn't care because this little man has me wrapped around his pinky toe. Oh I just love him so much. 
 
I have to admit that I was a little worried that I wouldn't have enough room in my heart to love another child. But my heart found plenty of room and it's oozing with love for this guy. I've almost turned into a psycho protective mother. I have to remind myself that it's ok to let other people hold him, that is after I pretty much make them bathe in hand sanitizer (or as Cyrus calls it hanzitizer).   

 Tuesday (9/8) I took Fynnick down to our photographer's house in London to get pictures taken of him. And boy was that a longer and stressful process than I imagined could be. We were there for almost 4 hours. Trying to get him to sleep and pose him in all these sweet positions. It was hard to get him to corporate. But I think we got some really sweet ones. Can't wait to see how they turned out.


 Wednesday (9/9) I took this picture of him right after I had fed him in the morning. It makes me giggle. He looks like he's lost in thought. haha
 Then early afternoon we went to the doctor to get him circumcised. I'm glad we did it but it's stressful for me dealing with it until it heals.

 
We have a new pediatrician because our old one retired. Which is just so sad. He was the best pediatrician. This new one seems good, but I'm having a hard time with him. He wasn't trained on how to do the Gomco way of circumcision, only the PlastaBell way. And we have had both of them done, but the Gomco way was SOOO much better. So I wanted to do that way again, But because Dr Sabey wasn't trained in it we went with the PlastaBell way and so far I wish we would have had another doctor do it the Gomco way. It's going to take 10-14 days for it to heal. And right now it just looks horrible. I really hope it turns out ok. I worry about it.

This whole week I feel like I have been so worried about every little thing. Worried he's choking when he spits up. Worried he's not getting enough breast milk. Worried he's getting a cold from Ryker or me. Worried about his circumcision. Gaaaa.... I can't wait for that part of me to chill out. I'm sure Jesse can't wait either.

The first week or two of a newborn's life is almost cruel. Such a rough adjustment for these little ones coming from the cozy warm womb.

 
But here we are at a week old. Kinda fun. Our family really can't get enough of him. He's so sweet and brings a sweet spirit into our home.
 
Speaking of sweetness. I have to brag about how I have the best husband. So because I get up every 4 hours through the night to feed Fynn. Jesse ha been getting up with Ryker to get him ready and off to school. That way I can sleep in. And when I get up he's got the kitchen all cleaned up and the dishes all done. I mean come on. He's the greatest. Plus he works on the bathroom with every spare moment that he has.
 
It's been so wonderful having him home. He took 3 sick days for his last "go" and then now he's on his 6 day break right now. Tomorrow morning he's leaving for St. George to spend the weekend canyoneering with his dad and brothers. I'm super happy for him to go because I think he deserves it for all the hard work he has done. The poor thing hasn't really had much chance to play this summer. I'll be honest though, I am going to miss him this weekend. It'll be the first test to juggle the 3 boys all on my own. Eek. Wish me luck.  


No comments: