Sunday, August 30, 2015

Busy week for not having much to do

Due date came and went. And we are still waiting for this little man to make his arrival. Let me take you through this last week.
 
Monday(8/24) was Ryker's first day of 2nd grade! Holy weird. When did this kid get so big? I learned later that they have him in 3rd grade math and literacy this year. It's like he skipped 2nd grade and went onto 3rd grade already. Smarty pants. Anyway, the morning of school he was so excited and was ready super fast.
 Then I went to the gym right after I dropped him off. I did some jump roping and running hoping to get things moving with the baby. Nothin'.

After the gym I went to see Sandea to see how things were coming along. I was still not dilated or thinned out. She said I'm not even to a point where I could have my membranes stripped.

That night I tried walking up and down our street to get things going. Again, nothing. I was having contractions while I was walking, but once I came inside and sat down they would stop.
The boys made a "Box Troll" costume for themselves so while Ryker was at school Cy played with it non stop. I find it so funny that they get so much amusement and entertainment from a box. Why do we buy toys? Haha.
Tuesday (8/25) Jesse went to work and I was left home wondering what to do with myself. When I was about to resign myself to doing nothing, I got a text from Heidi asking if I wanted to go to the zoo with her that day. YES!!! Something to do. So I got ready and packed a lunch for Cy and I.
We met up with Heidi, Sterling, Emily and new baby Eve to spend the day at the zoo. Hoping all the walking around would trigger some labor. It worked with Cy actually. I had gone to the zoo and then that night I went into labor and my water broke. So we were crossing our fingers that the same thing would happen with this baby.
Nope. Nothing happened.

Wednesday (8/26) I took Cy with me to go buy some nursing bras. I was feeling like I needed to keep myself busy to not let the anxious feeling take over. That afternoon I helped Jesse paint the master closet. It was getting close.

Thursday (8/27) Jesse went to his last shift of his Go. Not ever thinking we would get to that point. We thought for sure that he would have to take some sick days for the rest of the shifts. So again I needed to keep myself busy. I finished painting the rest of the closet and cleaned out all of Jesse's tools from it. I then wiped down all the shelves, vacuumed the floor and put down the plastic carpet protector stuff. And she was ready to move our clothes in. Hooray!
 
 Friday (8/28) morning I took Ryker to school and when Jesse got home from work we went to see Sandea. She wanted to check my cervix to see if I had made any progress since Monday. And nothing had changed. We discussed what our options were. I still wasn't feeling ready to take the leap to induction. Especially with an unripe cervix. So we decided to go in at 41 weeks for Antepartum Testing. Then to schedule an induction date for Thursday (11 days past due date). So I am just hoping he'll come on his own before I have to be induced.

When Jesse and I got home we started to unpack our clothes from boxes to move into our beautiful new closet that he built. What a great feeling to have that part all done. He has worked a miracle getting it ready.

Here is a 2 for 1 picture. One of me being 41 weeks pregnant and of our closet filled and organized with our clothes. It's so great. I just love it.


Then that afternoon I got a phone call that our bed frame had arrived. YAY!!! So Jesse went and picked it up and put it together,. Awwww. Isn't  it so beautiful?
Saturday (8/29) morning Ryker had a football game at 8:00am that we all got up and went to. Still surreal that I was going to this game without a baby in my arms. I thought I would be attending it with a newborn. Nope.

Ryker is really enjoying his team. His coach is so great. I guess this coach used to coach high school football for Hawaii Prep. So he actually has good ways to teach the boys (and girl) how to make plays and such. It's really fun to see them do well.

The rest of the day the boys played with friends while I cleaned the house and Jesse worked on building shelves for the garage. After I finished cleaning the house Jesse told me to go lay down and rest. Which was the first time this whole week that I aloud myself to do that. I have been feeling stir crazy being home all week. I just needed to keep myself busy. But with nothing left to do on the house I laid down on our new bed and rested.

That night we had some friends over for dinner. Again, something to look forward to and to do.

Today (8/30) I am officially 41 WEEKS PREGNANT! Crazy. It feels so bizarre to be this far overdue with my 3rd baby. Typically mothers go earlier and earlier with the more babies they have. But apparently I do the opposite. I get later and later.

So this morning we all went to LDS hospital to do the testing on baby. They checked the amount of fluid was in there, and monitored his heartbeat for 20 minutes to see if it goes up with his movements. And everything looks perfect. Fluid levels are great and he's moving and has a good sold\id heartbeat. When it was over the nurse told me the monitor was picking up some contractions and then asked me if I was feeling them. Umm, nope I was not. So hopefully that is a sign of something soon to come.

 The boys were so into the whole process. It was actually really difficult to get them NOT to touch my belly while the monitors were on me. Such curious boys.

When I first sat down on the bed Cyrus was acting really excited and said "Our baby is going to come out now!" Haha I giggled at that comment because he said it with such glee. He was a little disappointed when I told him the baby wasn't come out right them.


So the waiting continues. And I really hope that Thursday doesn't come and I have to be induced. Prayers that he comes before that point.

No comments: