Sunday, August 23, 2015

Nursery/Master Bedroom Update

The Nursery is 95% done. And I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out.  I still need to put pictures of the baby in the frames, paint the first letter of his name to go on the shelf and to get the vinyl décor of his name over the crib. Then it'll be all the way done. So close. But they are details that need to wait until this little guy arrives. 
With a 3rd baby and a new home I decided to buy new baby bedding. I felt like the other stuff was worn out and this baby needed something new. He's getting a ton of hand-me-downs I figured he could use a nice new room.

I couldn't have put this room together if it weren't the help of my Mom, my brother Tyson and Jesse. My mom was so dear to come over on her days off and paint the walls for me. I didn't expect her to do the whole thing, I thought we could do it together. But the way our schedules were it just wasn't happening for us to find a day that we could work on it together. So she ended up doing the whole thing. Bless her heart.

 With Tyson being a graphic designer, I showed him a few wall décor ideas from Pinterest and he was able to design the wall art for me. I then just had them printed on canvas through Costco and I love how they turned out. He's so talented.

Jesse is my man that I always need to hang something. It's sad how I just can't even hang a picture without his help. I'm sure I could do it, but he is just much more efficient at it than I am. So he helped me hang the shelf, curtain rod and the wall art.
 The glider chair used to be covered in a light blue and white striped material. It was super stained so it just looked awful. And it wasn't the right blue to match the new nursery colors. I bought some grey polyester fabric that  will hopefully wash up better than the old cotton it was covered in.

I recovered the foot rest myself, but I actually took the chair cushions to an upholstery guy to have it covered in the new grey fabric. I originally thought I'd try it by myself, then I asked my grandma who wasn't sure about it doing it. So then I asked a seamstress and she suggested the upholstery people. So I'm so happy I went that route because it looks like a brand new chair.
 Master Bedroom. We got carpet on Thursday. YAY!!! I came home from work and the carpet layers were just barely leaving. I walked into the bedroom and took a big sniff. There is just something about new carpet that I just love.

The bedroom is really close to being done. We need to put some lighting up on the wall and get furniture in there. Then it's ready to move in. YAY.

The pictures just don't do justice to how awesome it looks. Jesse has done a FABULOUS job. He's amazing.
 The walk in closet is really close too. I think he's done with all the shelving, just needs to be caulked in, some base boards put in and painted.  It'll be so nice to unpack our clothes and feel like we have some actual living space of our own instead of living between 3 floors.


Jesse switched gears a few weeks ago and decided to fully get the bedroom and closet part done. He was working so hard on the bathroom part of the master that he decided that part can wait because we need more of a bedroom before a bathroom.

I love how things are turning out. Jesse mentioned to me the other night that he was proud of us and what we designed and came up with. I couldn't agree more. It's not an easy thing to figure out, but when we put our heads together I feel like we come up with great ideas. Granted there are moments in there that our ideas butt heads. Overall I think we make a great team.

I'll post pictures again when we have moved things into the bedroom and closet. Which should be soon. 

No comments: