Monday, August 17, 2015

August is flying by already...

Here we are already in the middle of August and I just can't believe it. I knew this summer would be filled with busy things and that would make the time go by fast. But here we are one week from the first day of school and I can't wrap my mind around it. It feels like we should have another month before school starts. Which also means another month that this baby will be here. But his due date is the day before school..... aka THIS Sunday! For real?
 
The bedroom remodel has been something that Jesse is focused on so much. Bless his heart. This man is just one dedicated hard worker. Even between shifts he's working on it. He decided to put the bathroom part of the master bedroom on hold and to just focus on the bedroom and walk-in closet. That way we can move our stuff in there soon. And we can move our clothes into the closet and the bed into the bedroom. Which will be so nice since we are currently sleeping in the basement, using the laundry room as a closet (which is on the main floor) and then showering and getting ready upstairs. Living between 3 floors hasn't been terrible, but not super convenient. I think once the baby comes it'll feel really inconvenient. So Jesse has been working hard so we can "move in".
 
He truly is the greatest husband. How did I get so lucky? The work he has been doing is just superb. It is so amazing to me that he knows how to do EVERYTHING. All the plumbing, electrical, sheetrock, mudding, painting, tile, shelving.... the list goes on. I think I forget how much he knows and I tend to ask too many questions. Which can drive him batty. But because he's so great, he has such patience with me and all my questions and requests. I just love him and so grateful that he's mine.
 When I'm not working my butt off at the salon or around the house I try to find time to put my feet up. Especially since my ankles were starting to show signs of swelling.
 Pretty soon, I'll have 3 of these boys to snuggle me during movie night.
 With summer coming to a close we realized that we hadn't been able to go to the drive in theater as a whole family. I had taken the boys for the 4th of July, but Jesse was working. And it was on our bucket list for the summer. So we went Saturday night and invited our friends (The Seamans) to join us. Amber is a girl that I work with and we have been friends since the day we met. Best thing is our kids get along. It's honestly like we have carbon copy lives. She just had her 3rd baby and her other two kiddos are the same ages as our boys. Anyway, basically whenever we get together with them we have the best of time.
 Yesterday I hit 39 weeks. Like I said earlier I can't believe that I am to this point already. This has been the fastest pregnancy I have ever experienced. I think because I went through the entire summer it made it go by fast. Summer just does that, so I think I was distracted by summer activities. And plus we threw moving into a new home as well. Lots and lots of distractions. I still have the hardest time imagining what life is going to be with 3 kids. I have moments where I feel confident and excited. But other moments where I feel overwhelmed with what is coming. I actually had an emotional break down today. I felt everything hit me and I just cried and cried. I'm going to blame it pregnancy hormones. Haha.

But on the positive note, I have to be grateful that I have felt so good throughout this entire pregnancy. Grateful that this boy if healthy and growing so well. Grateful that the Lord sees me fit to raise 3 boys. 
 I was curious so see this baby's progress over the course of 39 weeks. Obviously I couldn't put together 39 pictures, but I put together a small time-lapse collage. Looking back on these it's crazy to see where I have come from. I remember feeling so "HUGE" when I was about half way along. But I barely look pregnant.
 
 Remember me posting that Andrew and Emily were expecting their 2nd baby on Aug 24? The day after my due date? Well this last Wednesday, Aug 12 baby Genevieve  (Evie for short) was born. I didn't have the chance to go visit her in the hospital due to a busy work schedule. So my first time meeting her was last night at Mom and Dad's house for Smith Dinner. She's so tiny, perfect and sweet at 7lbs and 19.5 inches long.

We were all giggling about me holding the baby and the only way to hold her is to have he sitting on my baby bump. The cousins are already "close".
 
 
 
I'm bummed that this picture is blurry, but I still had to share it. I have been so curious how Cyrus will be with a little one around since he has been the youngest in our family for 4 1/2 years. But he is just tickled by this little girl. He can't seem to get enough of her. It's going to be so precious to see these two boys with our own little one. 
 
 
I think the next time I make a post it'll be when our little one has arrived. Until then, pray all goes well and I can keep this baby in until I finish this week's worth of work. 


No comments: