Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!


I had big concerns that Christmas Day would feel stressful and not relaxed. Especially since Jesse wasn't suppose to get home from work until 8:30am. Then we were to be to my parents at 11:00am, then the Smith's at 3:00pm. I was worried it would be a stressful day and I just don't like that. But to our surprise Jesse got home at 7:00am. The guy that was suppose to replace him called Jesse and said he would go in early for him so that he could get home to his family. Isn't that so nice?
 
Of course Ryker was already up and ready to open gifts. I had to wake Cy up but that wasn't too hard when I told him it was Christmas Day. Alexa had spent the night so we were all excited to have her and her little dog (Baloo) there with us Christmas Morning.
 
Before we opened gifts I wanted to remind the boys the true meaning of Christmas. Throughout the season I have tried to set aside different nights to discuss and ponder each character in the Nativity Scene. Ponder how they might have felt on that night and what makes that person special to the story. Well because we still have 3 more people to talk about I decided to finish it up on Christmas morning.
 
It's a good reminder to think about our Savior and what he means to us. This year the church sent out pamphlets with a video and it was titled "He is the Gift". And it really got me thinking. Christ was a gift to the whole world. And it's a gift that keeps on giving. Not just during Christmas...throughout my entire life. Because of Him I can become a better person. And that's an amazing gift to be had. 

With that in mind we go at the gifts. I had to get a picture of the boys in their Christmas Jammies. Well Cy is only half dressed, but I'll take it because he usually doesn't even like to sleep with anything on.
They were so excited this morning that it made my heart happy. I giggled so many times over the little things they got a thrill over. Cy was so happy to open up some new socks. Haha.

Christmas Stockings!


Because Jesse got home so early we were done opening gifts by the time he "would" have been home. By 9:00am we had eaten breakfast and opened all our gifts. So that gave Jesse an hour and a half to get a little nap in before the festivities began. And Lexa took a nap too because she was up most the night arm knitting a bunch of scarfs for her friends. So while they napped and the boys played with their new Lego toys, I cleaned up the kitchen and got ready to go to the parentals.
 
Might I add that we woke up to a White Christmas? Remember me mentioning a few posts back that this December had been a very warm one? We were all wondering if we would ever get any snow for Christmas. Well to our pleasure we got tons of snow. And it just kept coming down all day. So much fun.
 
After naps and getting the car loaded up we headed to my parents house. This was the first time in a really long time that the ENTIRE family was together. It was a joyous occasion.
 
 
We exchanged gifts, ate a yummy brunch and played games. And before we know it our time had been spent and we had to head to our next destination. 

On the way there we passed a guy who was changing a flat tire. I mentioned that we should stop and help him. So Jesse turned around to see if the guy needed any help. And turns out he did. I guess he couldn't get the last bolt off of the flat tire, so Jesse got one of the tools out of the truck and was able to get it off for him. The man said he could get the rest from there and thanked us for stopping. I was happy that we could do a little service on this day.

When we arrived we all gathered around the dinner table for our tradition of reading the story of Good King Wenceslas and drank our hot chocolate and/or herbal tea. King Wenceslas was a good example of serving others and being kind to his fellow men. Another good reminder of how we should be not only Christmas Day, but throughout our lives. I love that they have this tradition. I guess they have been doing it every since Jesse was a baby.

The rest of the evening we opened gifts, ate yummy food, played games and relaxed.

It was such a fun day spending time with family. I was so worried it would feel hectic and crazy, but it was just right. I'm so blessed to have my families all close by and to be surrounded by people that love me and my family very much.

Another great Christmas for the books!

No comments: