Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Eve

Jesse left for work that morning and I spent the first half of the day wrapping presents. I had never been one for last minute thing like that, but this year it's just how it worked out. I never found any spare time to wrap gifts, and if I did have time it was at the end of the night and was feeling totally exhausted and just needed to sit and turn my brain off for a moment.
 
I still wasn't feeling all that well this day. My sinuses were just screaming and it made me feel so tired. But I had wrapping to do and then I had promised the boys I would take them to see a movie. So I needed to be a big girl and just deal with it. Haha. I did make me feel bad though because I was actually looking forward to this day and I just wasn't feeling it. All that sounded good was to sleep all day long.
 
But once I got ready and headed to the movie with the boys I was feeling a little bit better. I let the boys pick the movie and they chose "Penguins of Madagascar". They were so excited to go see it. I actually took them up to the theater in Ogden so that we could stop by the fire station to visit Jesse after our movie and a little dinner. 
 
 
Back when we walked through the Ogden Temple Open House we had stumbled upon this Mexican restaurant called Sanora Grill. And it was so yummy that I wanted to go back again since we were going to be in Ogden. It was fun that Alexa got to join us. She has been going through a rough time and is getting divorced. So I wanted to make sure she had something to do on Christmas Eve. We love having her around and was happy that she was able to join us for dinner. I just love her to pieces, and how could you not love that beautiful face of hers?
After our yummy dinner we drove to Station 3. Jesse has been a floater for the past year and so he's rarely at the same place when we go visit. But recently he got stationed at Station 3 and now has a locker room to keep all his Turnout Gear and bedding in. That freed up the trunk of my car.

When we arrived the firemen were sitting down to eat dinner. So I felt bad interrupting their meal. But they are always so welcoming and kind to us. The captain was spoiling the boys with a bunch of treats.

We then went into the garage where the trucks were and the three of us (Lex, Jesse and I) while the boys ran around.

I was happy to sit down and relax a little bit.

Before we decided we should go, Lex took a picture of our family in front of the fire engine. Classic. But I gotta do it.
When we got home Lex helped me wrap the boys gifts. I was so grateful that she helped me because it would have taken me all night long. Thank goodness for sisters.

No comments: