Tuesday, January 22, 2013

South Salt Lake Fire

Since the OFFICIAL phone call from South Salt Lake, Jesse had to go into the fire station to pick up his T-shirt. 
 I don't know why I am so excited about it.. Maybe because it seems more real? We've been waiting for this for what seemed like forever... and here we are. Hehe. Just makes me all giddy inside.
He also had to go to the Uniform Place called Skaggs, where they measured him for his Button up Uniform shirt and his pants. He should be getting that back soon. Along with other stuff with the SSLFD on it. Jesse jokes that he wants to wear it where ever he goes. He's so excited about it. I'm so proud of him and his hard work.

This coming Saturday (Jan 26), Jesse will be doing training from 7am to 7pm. Then on the 31st he will be sworn in. I'm not sure how that all will go down, since we are new to this, but pictures and and a post to come for sure.

He should be started in February sometime. Still not sure. But I will be letting you know. He gave them all the days that he would be available. Which are the days that he doesn't have school (Wednessdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays).

Being Part Time Jesse will work 2 to 4 shifts a month. Each shift is a 24hour shift. 7am to 7am. So at the most he'll work once a week. SSL has three stations and Jesse will be rotating through those stations while he is part time.

K, here is the kicker.... Apparently there is a Fire Fighter that will be retiring in March or April and his position will need to be filled. The Chief told Jesse that the new part time guys that are just getting hired (5 total) will be getting a chance at that position. So Jesse has a 1 out of 5 chance to get this upcoming FULL TIME POSITION. I guess the Chief has told all the Captains at the Stations to keep an eye out for these 5 guys for this position. NO PRESSURE!!!! Jesse has some serious work to do, Good Luck!

We don't know what is going to happen. But everything will work out the way they are suppose to. Just taking one day at a time.

Going into the 3rd week of Paramedic school and I feel like it's going well. Granted I don't see Jesse much, and when he is home he's studying and reading his Paramedic book (which I might add is over 2,000 pages long). But it's how it's going to be for the next 9 1/2 months. I can't change it, so why be grumpy about it? I will just enjoy the moments that I do get to be with him and strive to do everything that I can to help him out.

I'm so proud of him and all of the hard work that he has done and will continue to do. He is one dedicated and driven man.

No comments: