Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day Dates

Ever Since Jesse has started Medic School, I have had more time with the boys. For example... on Mondays and Tuesdays I am with them all day, and because Jesse has class those nights, I get to have the boys all night as well.
 
There are only so many things the boys and I can do at home. Especially with it being so cold outside. So... the past two Tuesdays I have made it a part of the day where we go and do something OUTSIDE of the home. I think they get bored (and it's just nice to get out).
 
First week I took them out to the Living Planet Aquarium.  Before we left we ate lunch at Costa Vida (the boys favorite) and then we went over to Orange Leaf (because I had a gift card to use). This frozen yogurt shop now has become a favorite treat of Ryker's as well.
 
Once we were filled to the brim with beans, rice and frozen yogurt we were on our way. For Utah this place is actually pretty good. Granted it's nothing like the one we went to in Seattle. But the kids don't care. They get really excited over the simplest little fish. 
 
 
The favorite: Turtle and Shark Tank.  
Haha, Cy isn't one for pictures. Ryker on the other hand will pose as long as you need him to. Cy could care less. Two very different personalities, yet come from the same DNA. Quite amazing if you ask me. I love the both of them so much!
 You can't really tell, but they are standing in front of pictures of penguins to see how they measure up. Cy thought it was really funny.
 I don't know how long we stayed in the penguin area, but that was Cy's favorite by far. He kept watching the penguins swim back and forth, Then when it came time to feed them, he couldn't keep his eyes off of them. Very intrigued.
 
The next week I  wanted to check out this Trampoline Park in Kaysville for two reasons. One, we had never been there before and wanted to give the boys the opportunity to go. Two, I wanted to talk to the manager about holding Ryker's birthday party there.

It was super cool. The boys just stayed in the Kid's Zone where they had their own foam pit and trampolines. The boys were in HEAVEN.

 They were running and jumping around so fast that it was very difficult to get a good picture. This one is of Ryker doing a running somersault,
 Cy kept falling down. Bigger kids would jump by him and it would bounce him to much to make him fall down. But he didn't seem to mind one bit. Just picked himself back up and kept on jumping.
When it was time to go both of the boys were really bummed. But after talking to the manager and seeing how much fun the boys had I decided this would be the perfect place to have a friend party for Ryker.

Ever since then he asks me how many days until his birthday. He's so excited that he's already telling everyone that he is 5. Haha, he just makes me laugh. I can't wait to blog about his birthday. It's going to be a very fun filled day. I'm going to take the day off of work because between preschool spotlight, friend party and family dinner/party that night it's going to be a busy one. But memorable.

Anyway, getting back on track.... I had so much fun taking the boys out on a little Mommy/Son date. We wanted to do something today, but we got busy around the house and delivering Ryker's party invitations. So hopefully next Tuesday we can get our date in.

No comments: