Thursday, January 31, 2013

HE'S OFFICIAL!!!!

Tonight was the big night we have all been waiting for. Jesse is now officially a FIRE FIGHTER for South Salt Lake. I want to shout it from the roof tops. I'M MARRIED TO A FIRE FIGHTER!!!!! So Cool!!!!!

Before the ceremony started they let the kids check out the fire trucks. And my goodness Ryker and Cy were so excited. All I heard Cy say was "tuck" over and over again. And Ryker was Cy's little guide just showing him around like he knew the place.

Then Chief Morris got up to get things started. He seems like a really nice guy. Very friendly and welcoming. It's great to know that Jesse will be working for someone like him.
 After the three full time guys were sworn in it was the part timers . The five of them repeated what Mayor Cherre Wood said.
 Then one by one their "significant other" got the honor of putting their badge on. It was so COOL that I got to be apart of that.
 Isn't it just pretty?
 Mike and Heidi were so great to come because they stayed to see Jesse get sworn in before they had to leave for St. George. They have a convention down there in the morning, so it was so sweet of them to give Jesse that support.
This might be my new favorite picture of the family!!!! Especially because Cy is smiling. Like I said in my last post, Ryker is always ready for a picture, but Cy doesn't care. So when I saw the picture and that he was all smiles, it made it that much better.
 My heart swells for this man! He has worked so HARD to get to this point. I am so dang PROUD of him. Tonight the Fire Chief reminded everyone that even though these are part time positions, that these guys have come a long way. The fire business is in high demand and it's super competitive. So I am SO grateful to have a DEDICATED and DETERMINED husband. Even though he has made it this far he still has goals set. Full time and Paramedic. And I KNOW he will get there.
My mom and Chan were so sweet to come as well. Before the ceremony started Mom and Chan picked me up and the three of us went to dinner (Jesse was at school and the boys with Mike and Heidi). It was great!
After everything was over the Fire Chief and Battalion Chief's told us to wander around the station to get to know where Jesse would be staying on his shifts. They also let the kids play on the trucks and wander around as well. Everyone there was super friendly. A very good atmosphere. It gave me a really good feeling that this was where Jesse was suppose to be (Now if he could just land that full time position that would be BOMB).

In the car on the way home, Ryker told Jesse that he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up. How sweet is that? It just touched my heart. Ryker has a great example to follow. I'm sure for years to come our boys will be looking up to Jesse. He will be their Hero!

I can't say it enough.... I'm so PROUD of you Jesse! Way to go!

2 comments:

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! Loved this post :D CONGRATS GOOD JOB BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

Ilez said...

Congrats that's so awesome!!!