Monday, December 31, 2012

Really? I'm 27?

Saturday was my 27th birthday. I remember thinking that 27 seemed so old when I was younger, but now that I am here I don't feel any different than I did back then. Well I guess I could say I am different when it comes to what I like to do, eat or say. But as far as I feel... I feel the same. Maybe even better. Since I have stuck with exercising 5 (sometimes 6) days a week, I feel healthier and more fit than when I was 19. Good things do come with age.  Along with my handsome, loving and kind husband. Two joyful, busy and bright boys. And a supporting, loving family on both mine and Jesse side.
 
I unfortunately worked on my birthday. But that's part of growing up I guess. I could have taken it off since I do have that luxury with my job, but I can't pass up a busy day of work to make money.
 
Afterwards Jesse was going to take me on a mystery date. When I got home from work (around 4:45pm) he told me we would be leaving around 6pm when Chantel came over to watch the boys for us.  But then around 5pm Jesse said he would be back in a little while. So he left without me knowing where he was going. I didn't ask questions because I knew I wouldn't get any answers until later.
 
A little over an hour later he came home ready to leave. We said goodbye to the boys and to Chantel and Tyson. Then we were off.
 
I figured for sure we would go to dinner first because we were both really hungry. He told me half way there he told me he was taking me to Olive Garden. We hadn't been there in a really long time and it sounded really good. When Jesse and I first were married I couldn't get enough of Italian food. I loved to eat at Spaghetti Factory and Olive Garden all the time, to the point that I ruined Jesse of liking it anymore. So the fact that he was willing to go to Olive Garden on my birthday shows how thoughtful he is.
 
Over the past year or so I have noticed that my taste buds are changing. I don't really care so much for the Italian as much and would rather have some fish, steak or chicken with some veggies.
 
Since it had been awhile to eat at Olive Garden I thought it would be really yummy. But I was wrong. Everything was just blah. Even Jesse said it was worse than usually for him. We both were wishing we would have gone to Red Lobster or Mikado instead. haha. Jesse said that he 'has refined my taste buds'.
 
Over dinner I asked Jesse what we were doing next. But instead he asked back "What would you want to do?" And since we were both freezing at dinner I said something warm sounded nice.
 
Well after dinner we get in the car and we start driving and Jesse tells me that we were going sledding. He was feeling bad I said I wanted to do something warm and he had planned on something cold. haha.
 
But I was excited. He was so cute because he had gathered all our snow clothes together, had two thermos mugs full of hot chocolate, and a single sled for us to go down the hill together. Also he gave me really nice snow boots for my birthday present which I was in dire need of. I don't have any, so I have had to borrow someones anytime we go somewhere in the snow.
 
He took me to  Sugar House Park and we went down the hills several times. It was so much fun. It made me feel like we were dating again. Laughing and having a good time together. I loved it. 
 
Yesterday mine and Jesse family got together at the Smith's home to celebrate. everyone spoiled me. They gave me a bunch of clothes...
 

One gift that I look forward to every year is from Heidi. She prints up this very blog into a book. This year she gave me 2011. It's so much fun to go through it and be reminded of what went on only a year ago. I forget so easily, so when I get this book I am so grateful that I keep in the habit of updating.  Also knowing that Heidi is going to print it up for me keeps me motivated to do so.


Today I have come down with a cold. My body is achy all over and I have a headache. Should I blame it on old age? haha... Jesse has been sick the past few days, so I was bound to get it.

Reason why I am writing about this is because of Ryker. This morning I mentioned to him that I wasn't feeling very good. And he said "Mom I'm sorry you don't feel good on your birthday" (I love that he thinks it's till my birthday 2 days later).

Anyway I went over to our drawer that has medicine, cough drops, ivitamins, band aids and etc. Ryker asked "Are you getting a band aid?"
I said "No, just some medicine"
He must not have heard me because he asked "Where is your hurt?"
So I said "All over my body"
He responded with "Well, I don't have that much band aids."

He went on to count his remaining "Cars" band aids that he got in his Christmas Stocking to say that he only had 9 left. haha

What a sweet boy I have. I told him the medicine I took would hopefully make me feel better.

Now all I need is someone to straighten up the house for me, take down the Christmas Tree and go to the grocery store for me. Hmmm....

1 comment:

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

Ryker is a stud. I love that little guy! Glad you had a fun birthday, and tell Jesse good job with the date. That is too sweet!