Sunday, December 23, 2012

Miracle on 2600 South

Sundays seem to be the day that I have the time to update the blog. Last Sunday I tried to rack my brain of what I could make a post about. I couldn't think of anything that we had done... until I had looked at my camera this past week and saw these pictures. . It has been such a busy past few weeks and I have been focusing alot about Jesse's fire fighting updates that I totally forgot about these. So today is going to be one big update pretty much of the last month.
 
Monday December 3, The Square on 2600 South (the salon that I work at is in this square) was having a Christmas celebration called 'The Miracle on 2600 South'. They had Santa, two horse drawn carriage rides going around the square, popcorn, hot chocolate and much more.
 
First stop was Santa. The boys were really excited. My friend Harmoni and her son Parker joined us.
 
As the line got closer to Santa the boys looked eagerly through the window. Ryker was beside himself. 
 When our turn came around Cy wouldn't have anything to do with him. He was OK if Parker was holding him. You can see in the picture that Cy doesn't even want to be near him. While Ryker on the other hand was very eager.
 After Santa we were going to go on the carriage ride, but the line was outside and it looked to be moving really quite slow. We thought we would check out the other one and see if it was any faster, but it wasn't.

We all went into the salon to say hi to those who were working while the boys enjoyed some popcorn.


Ryker really wanted to go on the carriage ride, but I wasn't feeling up to waiting in a hour long line out in the cold. I mentioned that to my managers daughter and she said she would sneak Ryker in on the next one that came around. Her and her sister were running that carriage ride so she was able to pull some strings for me and get Ryker on it.

He was concerned at first that he wouldn't find me when it was over. But I reassured him that the carriage would return right back to where it started. So once that was said he was OK.

So that was a fun little FHE activity we did to start off the Christmas Season.

No comments: