Sunday, December 23, 2012

Surprise Santa Visit

Once we all headed back to the parentals we all had some hot chocolate to warm ourselves back up. We all sang some Christmas songs when Santa surprised us. Years ago my Grandpa Schrader would dress up every year and go to a bunch of parties as Santa. I remember being a kid (old enough to know that Santa wasn't real) and he would go to the Goodrich Christmas Eve Party that used to be. Well over time Grandpa couldn't do it anymore. It got to be too much.
 
But my mom mentioned in passing how much fun it would be to have "Santa" come to our little family party. Grandpa was so happy to do it. He makes a dang good Santa. It was even better that he knew the boys by name.
 
This time around Cyrus wasn't scared of Santa. He sat on Santa's lap and stared. I sometimes wish I could get inside his head and know what he's thinking.   
 Ryker of course was as thrilled as ever. It was so cute to watch his face when we were all singing Christmas songs, to suddenly hear Jingles Bells coming from the front door. Then to see "Santa" come around the corner into the living room. Sudden joy and excitement spread across his face.
 Max looks so cute and little on Santa's lap. We all thought he would cry, but he just stared with amazement.
 Then the "big" kids got a turn. I was afraid I'd break Grandpa's, I mean Santa's leg when I sat on it.
 Chantel was so little when Grandpa used to be Santa that I don't think she really remembers it. But I could be wrong. I think Grandpa stopped doing it about 7 or 8 years ago. So that would have made Chantel 7 or 8 years old. That's crazy to think about. I can't get over how grown up she is. I remember when she was born for heaven's sake.
 Jon thought he'd get out of sitting on Santa's lap....but that didn't happen. haha


 

 

I loved having "Santa" come. It brought back that childhood feeling.

Afterwards Mom shared a Christmas message with all of us. Which was a great reminder that, Sure Santa and presents are nice, but our Saviour was born this Christmas Season. Each of us then wrote down a gift that we want to give our Saviour for the year 2013. It's also a great way to set goals.

I personally want to read my scriptures more often, to hold FHE every Monday, attend the temple regularly and strive to be a better mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend.

I'm grateful to my Saviour for providing the atonement because without it we couldn't better our own selves. We'd be burdened with all the wrongs we've ever done.

No comments: