Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Over Due

It's a rather strange feeling to wait so long for your due date to come, and then to watch it pass by and still be pregnant.

I went and saw my midwife yesterday morning and after checking my cervix, she said I was at a 2 and that my cervix had softened, but that's it. She thought it would be best to do some testing over at the hospital. So that is where I went next. After registering and waiting for about an hour I was then hooked up to a monitor and they listened to his heartbeat and measured how much amniotic fluid is in there. In order for him to pass the test they had to see his heart rate go up twice for about 15 seconds and then come back down. After 20 minutes he was just staying at the same rate she came over with a loud buzzer thing and buzzed my tummy to wake him up. It did the trick. And he passed! Also there is a good amount of fluid for him. So thankfully that all is well.

My midwife gave me the option of being induced on Thursday if I want to. I was thinking that I don't really want to be induced if I don't have to, but since I'm only taking 4 weeks off of work, I don't want to go too far into that break. So the plan is to call the hospital in the morning and they'll tell me when to come in. Apparently I'm the 5th one on the list, so they very well could bump me to Friday. Who knows?

So fingers crossed that he'll just come on his own in the next few days.

1 comment:

Josh and Kaleena said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I feel so bad for you! You are handling it all so well though! I had my baby on one of the due dates that they gave me, and it was SO hard for me to wait that long. I finally went in because I was so miserable, and they luckily broke my water, because at that point I didn't know if she would ever come on her own. I hope that as I'm writing this you're in the hospital having your new baby boy!! Good luck!