Sunday, February 27, 2011

Little Update

A little over a month now Ryker has been sleeping in his big boy bed upstairs in his new room. I wanted to post pictures of it because this room used to be sort-of the nothing yet everything room. Just about anything that we couldn't find a place for was in this room. But after hours of cleaning, de-junking and painting this room transformed from the junk room to Ryker's Big Boy Room. It feels so nice to have this room all done and serving a purpose.

You'll notice that I went with a bunk bed set. Reason being is I figured in the future our 2 boys can bunk together. I still need to purchase the extra mattress, but for now the one will be just fine. Monday night (Feb 21), Rafe came over with his mom and we had dinner together. It was funny because Rafe and Ryker were wearing the exact same shirt and jeans (Their mom's must have the same great taste in clothing). The 2 of them together were having a blast in the hammock swing in Ryker's room.

Friday night (Feb 25) I came home from work and had the thought that we as a family should go out together for one last hurrah before the baby came. We went and saw Gnomeo and Juliet. Ryker certainly enjoyed it, but Jesse and I weren't feeling the same. But hey we all got to be together, and that is all that matters.
Yesterday was my last day at work. And I am grateful to say that I made it through this last week. I was kind of concerned that I'd go early with this baby and disappoint a lot of clients, but thankfully it all worked out. So now it's just the waiting game. I feel like I am a ticking bomb just waiting to go off at any moment. Jesse describes it like he's waiting for Christmas to come, but doesn't know when it's going to come. Either way we are all excited and very anxious to see this little man.

2 comments:

Kels said...

What a cute room! I was looking at that exact bedding for Gavin when we moved into the house. It turned out awesome, and you should be very proud of all the hard work!!

Courtney M. Hutchings said...

that room is seriously amazing! I love the collage of our boys playin'. They sure are pals!