Tuesday, December 31, 2019

SEPTEMBER

Sep 1
Murphy loves riding in the car. Which thank goodness. When we first got him he cried alot in the car. But it didn't take long before he loved it. 
I find it so cute and funny how he prefers the front seat. Almost like he's a person calling shotgun.
Sep 2- Labor Day

We had intentions on this day to all go on a hike after the men came home from a bike ride. The ride got started late because they had to wait for Jesse to get home from work. Mike and Heidi were planning on joining in, but they had a family in their ward that they ministered to, needed help to move right in the middle of the day.  So Mike stayed behind from the mountain bike ride while Andrew, Jesse and his friend Riley all went riding. The girls were waiting for them to come back so we could all go on a hike together. But the boys were taking way longer than expected. So we decided that we would just have to go with out them. Heidi offered to stay behind with Areti (Emily and Andrew's newest addition to the Smith Family).

So Emily and I braved taking 5 kiddos and a puppy on a hike by ourselves. haha.

Crazy little cuties! Cyrus, Evie, Steriling, Fynn, Ryker and Murphy.

 Gosh these boys make me happy
How adorable are these two kiddos holding hands and hiking with their sticks?
The whole gang!

As we were coming back down the hill I got a phone call from Jesse and he and Andrew had met us at the trail and were coming to catch up with us. "Perfect timing, we are all done!" haha  We met up when we were almost to the bottom. 

We all drove back to Mike and Heidi's house to get the Party started. Why? Fynn and Sterling's Birthdays were the next day so we all were celebrating the Labor Day Holiday and the Birthday boys. 

Instead of doing cakes I found this lady that decorates cupcakes any theme you want. Since Fynn is totally obsessed with construction heavy machinery.... Still. haha. I asked for that theme and got these out of it. Didn't she do so amazing?
Fake rocks and construction cones too. She's amazing, especially since I didn't have to do it. haha.
Fynn was beyond thrilled with his birthday cupcakes. And still is as I'm typing this up he's sitting next to me just telling me that I need to make these cupcakes RIGHT NOW! Haha
Since Fynn is our last baby every stage he passes feels more heart breaking than normal. I really just want to keep him so young. I remember when I had Ryker and I think I was gernerally looking forward to every stage. Almost like I wanted him to grow up faster than normal. But I've learned that they grow up really fast anyway, so the third time around I really just want to keep Fynn as young as I can. Which I know is impossible. So I will just cherish every stage.

I think they were a hit. haha
Sept 3- Fynn is FOUR!

The morning of Fynn's birthday I made him some pancakes and we all sang him Happy Birthday before he had to go off to his First Ever Day of school. I think he enjoyed being sung to... look at that grin. 


The first day of Preschool! And yes I cried. He's growing up so fast and I hate it.
Granted he wants to be big like daddy so bad. Which he reminds me all the time.
I mean look at this cuteness.... I don't want it to change.
Ryker and Cyrus both went to this preschool, so Fynn started with Miss Eggett.
And I think he's pretty excited about going to school. He's been ready for several months now. At the end of the school year last year he was begging to go to school with his older brothers.
That afternoon we had a few of his friends meet us at Kangaroo Zoo to play a little bit.
Left to Right: Luca Davis, Bennett Reynolds, Fynnie, Max Murdock and Calab Reynolds.
My client that is a balloon artist made this fun balloon hat for Fynnie.

...and this amazing Excavator. Can you believe how amazing she is? She just found a picture of one and just created it. And of coures Fynn loved it but it didn't last long before it was destroyed. Boys. 

Things about Fynn:

He is always saying and doing the funniest things. Like giving the best excuses why he cant go to bed.
 "Remember I need lotion on my back?"
"My nose cant blow."
"I wanna sweep wiff you." (sweep=sleep, wiff=with)
"God told me I need to sweep wiff you."
While crying: "I can't find my small blanket...(repeated several times)...oh look at this cat(showing us a magazine cover with a cat on it)."

The words that he uses too make us laugh...
Ginus= Huge or enormous
Stummy ache= stomach and tummy ache
Nember= remember
Rape= ripped

Then  things that he had done that is just clever or funny...

At the hardware store with Jesse, Fynn saw some candy at the checkout and said to Jesse "Dad, if you buy this for me I'll share it with you."  What a manipulative and clever question for a 4 year old.

Fynn lays down and says to me "Can you lift me up? Like a fork lift?"  Honestly what kid at his age knows what a fork lift is?

Fynn got stung by several wasps in the summer. When I say several I don't mean at several different times. I'm talking about a full blown attack on him and Cyrus. They were out in the backyard, which is still torn up. And  walked past a wasp nest and both of them came running in the house screaming. Cy actually had 2 of them in his clothes. Once I got their clothes off and killed the wasps. Put them both in the shower and read up on home remedies to help take away the sting. Which I learned that apple cider vinegar does the trick. Cy had about 9 on his body. One of which was about the size of a quarter where the wasp was stuck in his pants biting him over and over again in the same place. Fynn had about 7 on his body. Alot on his face and upper body. Needless to say, these 2 were terrified by wasps after that incident. Especially Fynnie. He would even see a fly and come crying to me. One day came to me and said "I'm going to tell God why he makes wasps. So he can die them."

In April Fynn was having a hard time wanting to stay in Primary...
Fynn: "I wanna go to nursery"
Jesse: "You can't, you have to go to Primary"
Fynn: "...but the babies like me."
How can you argue with that? haha

Heidi sent Jesse and me this text while she was tending:
"Fynn brought me some little cleats that fit him and says 'its time for my footbal.' I say, I don't know where to take you, he says 'East'. I say, I don't know where your coach is, he says 'West'." 
Keep in mind that Fynn isnt playing any sports yet. Ryker plays football and Cy plays soccer. And he sees them get dropped off at practices and games all the time.

Heidi also text us this...
"Daddy is building a new house and it is going to be perfect. You will cry when you come see it."

Oh there are so many others that I wish I could remember or would have written down. He's such a hoot and love having him in our family. He definitely completes it.


Sep 4-

This picture sums up what kind of husband I married. I've had a hard time  keeping up on the laundry lately with everything that is required of me day in and day out. So when I see this, I know he loves me. And we make a great TEAM!!!

Sep 6-
Just an evening walk with my boys and pup.
Sep 7-

What I posted about on that day...
"One of Cy's best friends got baptized today. We almost didn't make it because we had soccer and football games that led well into the afternoon. And I needed to pick up some groceries, so I ran to Costco after the games. As I pull into the parking lot I got a phone call from Trevan's mom sounding frantic. It was 30 minutes before the baptism started and she told me Trevan was too scared and nervous to go. They couldn't get him to leave the house. And the only way he would go was if Cy would be there. I had dropped my boys off at home before running to Costco, so I couldn't  even give the phone to Cy to have him talk with Trevan. 
"But, I promised her we would be there.
"So instead of walking into Costco,  I headed back home to hurry and get myself into a dress and Cy off to the church.
"When I got home I called Shantel back and asked if Trevan wanted to talk to Cy? She said yes.
"Cy got on the phone with Trevan and he encouraged  him to go. Told him it wasn't scary and that it will be a good experience.
"Trev said ok.
"And by the time we got to ther church, sure enough Trev was dressed in white, all ready to go. Smile and all.
"Shantel saw me and said 'It was the phone call that got him here.'
"I had to choke back some big fat tears.
"I felt so much love ion that moment for Cyrus.
"Being an example and a good friend to Trevan at the age of 8? It felt so tender. And I could feel Shantel's gratitude in her words and tears for Cyrus and for us being there for them. I am so glad we got to go and be there to be touched by the Love from the Holy Ghost!"
Sep 8- Fynn's Birthday... I mean Birth-week.

That Sunday night we celebrated Fynnie on my side of the family! Even though His big birthday gift was supposed to be delivered the night before, but it got delayed until Wednesday,  he got to open a piece of paper with the picture instead.  Also the ice cream melted in the deep freeze because the door didn't get shut all the way.  Plus,Everyone got stuck in traffic or at home before we could start the party, so it felt like everything was against us.
But all that mattered was that Fynnie felt loved.
Do you like the cake I bought and then us borrowed 2 of the toys from his birthday cupcakes?
Sep 10- His birthday gift finally arrived!

Oh my heck the video we have of him discovering his gift finally arriving has gotta be one of the cutest videos. Jesse, Ryker and Cy all were trying to teach him how it all worked. He picked up on how to drive it really quick.

And he was cruisin' the neighborhood.
Sep 11

I was in a hurry to get to work that morning and I asked Jesse is he would make the bed for me. And this is what I got.... haha
Sep 15

These 2 people have always been dear to me. Great Uncle Swen and  Great Aunt Dora Wersland. Aunt Dora is my Grandma Goodrich's youngest sister. Being their great-niece is a blessing! They had their farewell on that day and they headed off to Norway to serve a 23 month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ. I know they are going to be so great over there. I have no doubt about that. Aunt Dora and I have shared great stories about the gospel together while doing her hair. They will be a force for Godly Good!
Sep 16

I honestly have every intention to become Murphy's favorite. haha

Another great example of Fynn's daily routine. Dressing up in play clothes like they are regular clothes. And playing with Murphy!
Sep 21

This game was the best game of Ryker's whole season. Why? Well because they played a team that skills were less then theirs, so they played really well and won.

Ryker was so happy!
I spy #15 in the middle there...
...and there.
While this dude found the drinking fountain and decided to take a bath in it. haha

Sep 24

Fynn loves to create structures with these magnet shapes. He proudly came to me showing off his creation. Also I need to note that he calls these magnet shapes "Maggots". Haha
Sep 28

I don't think Murphy will ever feel lonely. He's so loved by everyone that meets him.
Also this little boy decided that he wanted to give himself a haircut... just in the front.
It's kinda hard to really tell, but that whole front section used to be a few inches long and he cut it right to his scalp. Yikes! Thank goodness he's a boy. And I can now say that ALL 3 of my boys have cut their own hair.
Sep 29- Primary Program

The one and ONLY Primary Program that all 3 of my boys would participate in. Fynn just started Primary this year and Ryker will be in YMs next year (I know, WHAT?).

But I will say, there is something so sweet about those primary kids singing their hearts out "I will be what I believe" that puts tears in eyes every time. That song "I will be what I believe" is a tear jerker. There's a part in the end where they sing a snippet of the Armies of Helaman song. And then they split into 2 parts, one half singing "We are as the armies of Helaman" while the other half sings "I will be what I believe". Well for the Primary program they had the youth sing the Armies of Helaman part. The whole stood in the isles in the chapel facing the congregation, while the primary kids were all up on the stand. So when they were singing the 2 parts together, we were surrounded with that heavenly song. Oh my heck it was angelic. I'm getting choked up even just now as I'm recalling this. It was one of the neatest experiences. I love our youth and I love my boys. So to hear them testifying in song was POWERFUL! I wish you could have heard it.

No comments: