Monday, November 5, 2018

March

March 3- Cy's Birthday\

We took our , now 7 year old out for a little birthday dinner date. He spent the day playing with friends at Dartside and chose to go to dinner with us bowling with his cousin. Hey, I'll take it while I can because I know it's only a matter of time before we aren't "cool" to hang out with. 
Oh how we love our Cyrus! He adds so much life to our family! We find with him that we are constantly asking for guidance on how to best raise him! A few months prier to this day, Jesse was inspired to have Cy learn the poem INVICTUS. If Cy could memorize it then he could pick out a watch. I didn't think it could be done. But Jesse worked with him non-stop until he got EVERY WORD! And it is the coolest thing to see him recite this difficult poem. Gives us chills. The message is one of courage, self-mastery and how a man responds to life's challenges. If Cy can keep this poem as a motto for the rest of his life, he'll be set.






Invictus 

Out of the night that covers me, 
      Black as the pit from pole to pole, 
I thank whatever gods may be 
      For my unconquerable soul. 

In the fell clutch of circumstance 
      I have not winced nor cried aloud. 
Under the bludgeonings of chance 
      My head is bloody, but unbowed. 

Beyond this place of wrath and tears 
      Looms but the Horror of the shade, 
And yet the menace of the years 
      Finds and shall find me unafraid. 

It matters not how strait the gate, 
      How charged with punishments the scroll, 
I am the master of my fate, 
      I am the captain of my soul. 

March 4
The snow this day was insane. Church got canceled so that the neighborhood could clear out the snow.
It's fun when it dumps like this.

Of course the boys were just thrilled to go play in it.


After getting everything all cleared I told Jesse that we should go snowshoeing for and hour or two before his family was coming over for Cy's birthday party.
The snow was so deep. We loved it.
And the view was incredible.


Snowshoeing+Alone Time with My Husband= A Happy Heart
Cy was showered in many presents and shown a great amount of love.
I love that Cy wants a pound cake with Strawberrys for his birthday cake.



March 10
Andrew and Emily meet us in Layton to hike Adams Canyon for a date night.  It was awesome and the further we got to the top the more freezing we got.



We had so much fun. Laughed at ourselves at how slippery the trail was near the top. 

When we were done we went to Blaze Pizza for dinner and I remember feeling so hungry that I wanted to order 2 pizzas. 

 March 13- Mount Frary
Been hearing from my hiking buddies how awesome Mount Frary. So we got a sitter for Fynn and went during the day while Ryker and Cy were in school.
It's a 7 mile hike round trip with 2355 ft of elevation gain. So not easy. But I like a challenge.
And besides the views at the top were unlike anything else I have ever seen.

We were at the tallest point on Antelope Island so we had a full 360 degree view of the valley. Clear from Odgen to Tooele. I loved it.

It took us longer than expected to get to the top so we had to run down the moutain. Gave me the biggest high. And then we rushed off to get the boys from school. What a great day!

March 20-
Every Tuesday I was getting the chance to go on hikes and it was rejuvenating and addicting. On this particular day I didn't have the chance to go while the boys were in school. But it was killing me. So after my boys came home from school I decided to take them with me. Even with an extra little dude (as I was tending my nephew Nix) the boys had a great time!
When fingers and toes were too cold to continue on (because picking up snow and stomping through it is irresistable to these boys), we headed home.
A happy way to celebrate the first day of SPRING!!!

 March 22-  Odgen's Annual  Firefighter Awards Banquette
It's always a pleasure spending the evening by the side of my handsome Firefighter and Friends!



March 25-
Our little 2.5 year old had been toilet trained at this point for a good week. Heidi started the process the prier week and he caught on that day.
He really was enjoying being grown up and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not? He's growing up faster than I really would like to admit to myself. I just want to hold him close and hope that keeps him little. Because I sure do love this kiddo!

March 31 - We love Blaze Pizza
We have been a little obsessed with Blaze Pizza. Almost every weekend we have been going. And not very many years left before my boys will be starting to attend the Priesthood session of LDS Confereence. So in the meantime I'll hold them close, bribe them with Blaze Pizza and giggle over the 20 selfie pictures it took to take of us. 

No comments: